CCTV question

im sorry but in the uk this is incorrect, business have to register with the ICO and comply with the data protection Act, domestic can not point a camera any where it would be classed as an invasion of privacy.
yes they have to pay
they are not allowed things what joe public are

you have the right to request the cctv footage from any cameras, the camera owner has the right to charge a small admin fee, you can then see what they are recording, it is unlikely the ploice or council will assist as when you leave your house it is a presumption you will be filmed, the only right you have is a right to privacy, if they fail to comply with your request then report them to the ICO and they will assist.

Right of access

( i am not a lawer, but i do install CCTV commerciality )
not true,if someone asked me i would say no,has happened before ,the police they can't do anything.

So pervin into a hottub and your gardens fine?, I can't see that been right.
lol you can whos to know lol.thats what they call there happy place to sit,but the law says public can view anywhere as long its not front door or front window.

not true,if someone asked me i would say no,has happened before ,the police they can't do anything.

the ploice have the right to cease your NVR/DVR if you fail to compile, they will get a warrant to do so.

So can you back up your statement that it is not true?

from Gov UK - Guidance on the use of domestic CCTV

you will need to be aware of individuals’ data protection rights and make sure you take steps to allow the people you record to exercise these rights effectively (for example, you will need to respond appropriately to any subject access requests you receive from the people you record)

from the ICO.

Individuals have a right to access the personal data you hold about them, including identifiable images. They can ask you verbally or in writing. You must respond within one month and give them a copy of the data.

I think you'll find that's wrong I spoke with ico.org.uk laws are awkward granted but certain laws are there to protect the public.

So would you say its ok pointing a cctv camera at a kids play area, trampoline, swimming pool in a back of a garden?.

If falls under the law of the land and there's lots of them in one shape or form nuisance, harassment and intimidation etc

I think in the UK, aren't you meant to put up a sign letting people know it's recording?

I just installed a new 9 camera system at home a couple of weeks back, but TBH, I've not put any notices up. I get along ok with my neighbours (mostly).

I think you'll find that's wrong I spoke with ico.org.uk laws are awkward granted but certain laws are there to protect the public.

So would you say its ok pointing a cctv camera at a kids play area, trampoline, swimming pool in a back of a garden?.

If falls under the law of the land and there's lots of them in one shape or form nuisance, harassment and intimidation etc

if you believe you are correct the you need to tell the uk government and ICO they are wrong, as i have already said you need to start with a SAR once you have the frottage requested you can then see if you right to privacy has been infringed, if the owner refuses to provide the frottage the ICO will enforce the request.

once you have the camera frottage you can then look at the data protection act / human rights act have a read of this...

Case law: Neighbour's CCTV and audio equipment breached data protection law

I think in the UK, aren't you meant to put up a sign letting people know it's recording?

I just installed a new 9 camera system at home a couple of weeks back, but TBH, I've not put any notices up. I get along ok with my neighbours (mostly).

this is correct and should include if the cameras record audio.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

only if you have been involved in a crime,ive had them at my door they asked me i said no.
i have been asked to see if i seen this person who got up to no good ,asked me if they could look said ,no it was off that day lol no help,its for me not them.

i have been asked to see if i seen this person who got up to no good ,asked me if they could look said ,no it was off that day lol no help,its for me not them.
in scotland as long as your not looking in front door and front window all is good,in public your can.

You can say its a live feed and not recording if you wanted. I have been a victim of a crime and a neighbour said this to police with there CCTV. The police didn't do anymore about it. Who has CCTV and doesn't record!!! If it was serious crime I'm sure the police would get a warrant and seize the kit or hard drive so they can determine for themselves.

Back