CCTV question

Not much but I hear you need a sticker/notice if you want to use footage as evidence
I have cameras front and back plus ring door beel and have nothing telling people
have told the neighbours thats it
yes this is true,if you don,t the court will not allow.

What's the law on were a camera can ,tpoint at the front of a property on a street ?, what can they show?
you can have cameras over looking as long as the don,t to front door or front window,if private,if business the law will say you must black them out,so when you want to look back and see you see nothing,like we would do that lol.

you can have cameras over looking as long as the don,t to front door or front window,if private,if business the law will say you must black them out,so when you want to look back and see you see nothing,like we would do that lol.
So pervin into a hottub and your gardens fine?, I can't see that been right.

Thanks for the advise, I'll have to read up alls I know it's pointing my way. The lense is lowered slightly but we all know what wide lense cameras can capture.

I'm gonna to leave it with the Council and Police as he refuses to talk about it saying I'm moaning.

you have the right to request the cctv footage from any cameras, the camera owner has the right to charge a small admin fee, you can then see what they are recording, it is unlikely the ploice or council will assist as when you leave your house it is a presumption you will be filmed, the only right you have is a right to privacy, if they fail to comply with your request then report them to the ICO and they will assist.

Right of access

( i am not a lawer, but i do install CCTV commerciality )

im sorry but in the uk this is incorrect, business have to register with the ICO and comply with the data protection Act, domestic can not point a camera any where it would be classed as an invasion of privacy.

The problem I have is the camera is pointing in my direction. He has told me it does not show any of my property.
Now this might be the case but in the case of were this particular camera is located it could have been located anywhere else and the same footage been seen without the lense facing directly into my property and towards the hottub.
I asked the installers to see footage once done he said I would have to see the customer. I asked what cameras he said wide lense.

I spoke in length with a friend of of a friend who installs he said (you no doubt know this) camera installation can cause fueds, he told me he wouldn't have located it were it is so the customer would have requested it there and then blocked out your property but still the persons property is facing the lense.

He said-The perfect way to put it is:

"It's like me putting sunglasses on then I face you and say Im not looking I've got my eyes closed."

He said-
"I would have located on the side pointing down or facing to the rear not on the corner of the rear turned 90 degrees to face yours, poor installation choice. Were its located in my eyes its soul purpose to immtimidate not to serve as a deterrent or catch a bad guy".

I certainly do not trust this guy not for one minute. My daughters seen it she won't go out in the garden now no matter what I say. All's she see's in a camera facing regardless if it can see anything or not.

It's her birthday soon and she was having friends over for a hottub party but she said not a chance with that up.

I reported it to the council who said they would pass it on to whoever and I'd get a call in a day or 2 but nothing so its the Police today.
We put our patio brolly up against the fence to block it but this means we're sat in the sun baking our tits off we couldnt chill under the brolly at the weekend as its soul use is the block the "PervCam".
What f#cks me off is I bet if it were me I'd have f#cking S.A.S coming over the roof with tear gas ripping it off the wall.

If he doesn't remove it elesewere someone will, regardless

Last edited:
I think I would go with Digidude suggestion or .22 pellet. The former being the safest option.

Yeah
as pointed out, anything viewing into your back garden (or side if not viewable from a front public footpath) should use the softwares 'privacy mask' feature to block it out. Most DVR/NVR's can set up 4 privacy zones per channel.
So can the privacy mask be changed by the owner of the DVR ? . I don't use or need it on mine as both my cameras clearly point directly to the rear showing nothing bar my garden and same with the front, car, path to door that's it.

Yeah

So can the privacy mask be changed by the owner of the DVR ? . I don't use or need it on mine as both my cameras clearly point directly to the rear showing nothing bar my garden and same with the front, car, path to door that's it.
Yes the privacy mask can be changed. It is drawn over the image within the settings of the DVR and or I.P camera. (Different makes have different settings, it amounts to the same thing though)

So does the company who install have access only or can the customer change it whenever ?. I'm going to have to get the right people in to sort this whether it's council or Police.
If he can simply remove it regardless if its in record mode what's stopping him dropping the record drop the mask and watch ?.
The lady said they were put in place to stop me going in her garden something I can swear on my kids life I have never done without asking. Once I did to push the cctv cables and tack them.
They are totally off their bin lids both are inviting in a world of paranoia

Last edited:
She said it records sound as well... so us in our garden chatting away we're do I stand with that ? It's 6ft from my fence

She said it records sound as well... so us in our garden chatting away we're do I stand with that ? It's 6ft from my fence
If it was me I would start saying things that would incriminate me IE “I am just going to check the marijuana plants in the loft love won’t be long”. Obviously don’t say that if you actually have plants in your loft😉.
What ever you do don’t be making any hate, racist or homophobic comments even as a joke.

just get a wind chime and if her dvr is set to alert on sound it will piss her off and will mute sound
and a little out door radio will sort the sound recording out when you are outside
look at it this way you have 2 security systems now

Spoke with ico.org.uk not helpful at all. The only thing he said I'd she would need a very very good reason to record sound of an adjoining property so if I can find out if she does they can act.
I filled in their form questionnaire when I answer 2) is the camera intimidating? Yes it said contact the police.
I knows there jokes to be found in all this but if someone points a camera directly in to mine I'm finding it hard to laugh about it. And it records sound 10ft from my patio doors I take that very f#ckin serious.

As for racist or homophobic jokes ? I don't anyway but private matters say bank or personal matters say health etc ? Whole new ball game m8. It crosses a boundary line in my eyes.
If I don't get joy then its coming off the wall end of

Spoke with ico.org.uk not helpful at all. The only thing he said I'd she would need a very very good reason to record sound of an adjoining property so if I can find out if she does they can act.
I filled in their form questionnaire when I answer 2) is the camera intimidating? Yes it said contact the police.
I knows there jokes to be found in all this but if someone points a camera directly in to mine I'm finding it hard to laugh about it. And it records sound 10ft from my patio doors I take that very f#ckin serious.

As for racist or homophobic jokes ? I don't anyway but private matters say bank or personal matters say health etc ? Whole new ball game m8. It crosses a boundary line in my eyes.
If I don't get joy then its coming off the wall end of
If you go that route you will prob be locked up and will prove her point?
Best try to sort things out civily.

Just noticed, it's got a small bright light on it as well pointing at us

Back