CCTV camera on Enigma2

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a IP camera model dahua PC-HDW4431C-A but should work with any camera that supports RTSP.

Here is a guide how to add the feed to an Enigma2 device. I will be adding the stream to the Favourites Bouquets, but you can add it to whatever bouquet you want.

1. first of all find the RTSP port that your IP camera uses. On Dahua cameras go to network connection.
RTSP port.jpg
The RTSP port my camera uses is 554.

2. test the RTSP stream. Open VLC player. Media>Open Network Stream...
enter the line below replacing username, password, ipcameraIP and RTSP-port with your own..
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

here is my line
Code:

now if the stream doesnt work go back and confirm you entered everything correctly and try another stream. i was unable to get the main stream0 to work. i could only get the secondary stream to work.

URL Syntax

rtsp://:mad::/cam/realmonitor?channel=&subtype=

: a valid user?s username.
:user?s password. (Cannot contain #)
:the IP address of the IP Camera.
:the default port is 554. It can be omitted.
:the channel number. It starts from 1.
:the stream type. The of main stream is 0, extra stream 1 is 1, extra stream 2 is 2.

if you can view the live stream then continue to the next step.

3.NOTE: I will be adding the stream to the Favourites Bouquets, but you can add it to whatever bouquet you want.

ftp into your enigma2 device and go to /etc/enigma2. find and open the file
Code:

4. Now add your camera's RTSP stream like below to the "userbouquet.favourites.tv" file, again replacing username, password, ipcameraIP and RTSP-port with your own.. This time you also have to replace any colon โ€œ:โ€ in the RTSP link you used in VLC player with %3a

Heres an example

Code:

My link:

#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//admin%[email protected]%3a554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
#DESCRIPTION Secondary IPCAM

5. Reboot enigma on your device.
You can do this via CLI with the command below or via the GUI
Code:

6. Watch the live feed.
grab.jpg
Please note you will not be able to record, Pan, tilt or zoom and i am only able to get the secondary stream working. I cannot get the main HD stream with audio working. If I do I will add to the guide.

Last edited:
Might give this a try, will come in handy for a quick way to view cctv on TV. At the moment I have to use app on my fire tv box

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can confirm this will work remotely if you open the RTSP port and configure a DDNS such as NO-IP

Never got round to doing this as I don't know my password for cameras!

Changed it then locked myself out.

there i surely a rest button on the back of the camera since there seems to be a reset on everything

Hello guys,

This is working for me but I created new bouquet called cams.tv and added all of my 3 cams to this bouquet.

#NAME Cams (TV)
#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//login%[email protected]%3a554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
#DESCRIPTION 1 IPCAM
#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//login%[email protected]%3a554/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=1
#DESCRIPTION 2 IPCAM
#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//login%[email protected]%3a554/cam/realmonitor?channel=3&subtype=1
#DESCRIPTION 3 IPCAM

And it is working well with Zgemma (can see all of 3 cameras) but when I use it on Android TV with Kodi I can only see channel=1 and channell 2 and 3 are not on my list.. Any solutuon ?

that looks like an NVR to me but may still support it as long as it supports rtsp.

do a nmap scan to see if the RSTP port is open and if so then try step 2 in vlc player.

The format of the URL may be different so if port is open and not working in VLC then try on forum for that NVR or check docs for it.

Hello Grimeire,
Thanks for reply yes it is DVR , not sure how to do a nmap scan (going to google now) then have to try when I get home
have attached screenshot from manual showing details of RSTP. Thanks for help been trying for a while to view on TV, just bought a Firestick but would prefer tto add to Sat bouquets if possible

Attachments

• Screenshot (207).png
    Screenshot (207).png
    432.8 KB · Views: 6
Ok that's weird. They are using non standard port for RTSP.

Do a nmap,/port scan of all the RTSP ports listed.

rtsp worked fine with VLC, but struggling with writing line to add to bouquet
understand replacing : with %3a
but unsure about leading numbers upto rtsp?
Also numbers 4097:0:0:0:0::0:0:0:0:rtsp (have : not %3a ?)
would it be possible to add lines through channeliser?

Thanks

Okay so thanks for replies,
streams well with VLC
added lines to IPTV bouquet which I loaded and found easy enough.
But when I open the stream screen goes blank then returns to previous Sat TV program?
Any advice? in another thread elsewhere writer was using this leader? #SERVICE 4097:0:1:FFFF:0:0:0:0:0:0:

Okay so thanks for replies,
streams well with VLC
added lines to IPTV bouquet which I loaded and found easy enough.
But when I open the stream screen goes blank then returns to previous Sat TV program?
Any advice? in another thread elsewhere writer was using this leader? #SERVICE 4097:0:1:FFFF:0:0:0:0:0:0:

weird if it works with VLC and your entering the info correctly then it should work with enigma2.

Cant comment on what others have but 4097 is just what is used to decode and that can make a difference if you change it and 0:1:FFFF:0:0:0:0:0:0: is just the UID of the channel. that should not matter at all.

Not sure what else it could be as its been 6 years since i looked at this myself.

Many thanks for replying, will double check everything tonight onwards, didn't understand the syntax coding, might try using "0" instead of starting with "1", at least I am getting somewhere
Thanks again

Still need some help with this been trying on and off for months, just started again last weekend. but gigablue will not play RTSP.

Found this, would any of it apply to my setup?

Try to install the ServiceApp package in your OpenATV, for example, via the Linux-Shell (terminal connection):
Code:
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugin-service-servicetplayer
reboot
This package contains exteplayer3 + ffmpeg tool and also some other little things to play some other formats. It is a small extension of support for video formats - but always only on MPEG codec basis.

Then check the ServiceApp settings. You will find it NOT under PLUGINs, but under: MENU > Settings > Usage & GUI > ServiceApp. Then, the ExtEplayer3 will hidden under the service 4097.

You are using the RTSP format. But only RTMP format is supported under service number 4097. When you additionally install the GstPlayer package, then it will underer service number 5001. You can use the service number 5001 instead of 4097 (see the ServiceApp configuration). And the GstPlayer, I think, it should also support RTSP format. I don't know it for 100 percent... but you can try it !

THANKS

Sorry I cant help here as Its been nearly 7 years since i used the camera on my E2 box.

might be worth asking on the OpenATV forums as i did not test with that. I was using openVix

Back