CC's hitback (does it affect dbox/dreambox?)

k-net2020

Inactive User
Reaction score
Seems as though a few boxes (mos of the bloody country to be precise) in cable land have been hit today.

Also seen a little mention of this maybe causing probs on a dbox, so wonder if anyone has had any probs with either the dbox2 or dreamboxes?

Share your experiences...

I thought dboxes were not 'seen' on the network and have no t/back so it appears from a basic view this is something to do with k#y rolling method. If thats anything like the atmega situation a few months back then it was sorted within about 12 hours....

Fingers crossed

They've caught on and made a workaround for the older EVOCAMD modules, so older evocamd images will go down. The workaround is to upgrade to the latest image.

Is this affecting the dreambox yet as have had no reports?

Cannot confirm as mine is still 'in transit' looks promising though as there is a thread here with a working dream at about 10.30 this morning, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think that softcam on the dreambox is slightly different to the dbox so shouldnt be affected as of yet ;)

liamcrayden said:
I think that softcam on the dreambox is slightly different to the dbox so shouldnt be affected as of yet ;)

mine working fine :)

I have seen Gemini 2.64 out there somewhere too on a sat forum.

liam how does a sat image (i use the same image gemini) work on a cable dreambox ????

very fascinated about this ?

Both the satellite coding AND the cable coding is included in the same image. The coding it uses is determined by the box type... which is autodetected when the image boots up.

I have posted my latest image in the dbox2 section - which is working great for everybody thats tried it. That image is in fact a satellite image - BUT when flashed to a cable dbox, the cable settings kick in :)

Any image can be modified to work on a sat OR cable box,.... OR both :)

The only exception to the rule is the K2Team images. They have stripped the cable coding out of their images to make room for extra features. You cant use a K2 image on a cable box without first modifying it :)

Have fun
Liam.

So as a rule are we going to be able to use dbox images on a dreambox (btw I am hoping that I am not confusing dbox as a dreambox) ?

i would recommend then the gemmini 240 image is that the one you guys are playign with ???

and what about the blue button for downloading settings etc, for my dreambox 5620S i download all my keys etc for TV via the blue button and upload via FTP for the specials when i get some ;)

Back