CCJ for insurance charge

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK bit of a dilema.

I had got one of those parking tickets you dont have to pay when I had a hired car from my insurance company. Thats not the problem as I get them all the time but for them passing on my details to the car park management company they charged me £60. Now being the tight ass that I am, I refused to pay it.

They have now passed it to a debt collection company.

Now there is no debt laws in Scotland but they threatening with a CCJ or what ever that is. Which is fair enough if they take £60 to court haha but they wont recover it as no bailiffs in Scotland.

But its not debt and surely they cant do anything on my credit file as its not been credit or has it??

Only worried about my credit file. They wont get the money otherwise. Not paying £60 for them sending a poxy email.

I just want to know people, I just want to know :)

offer them £2.50 a month. until paid. If they say no, and it goes to court you have the 'i made an offer' and they refused. Whats probably happened is the parking company 'sell' the fine to a dirty debt collection company for £30 and the debt collection then try the hard tactics. Its a dirty business, but debt and debt collection is a dirty business but very profitable.

Its a sad what other people do to each other, but some people enjoy the pain that is causes!

Im not bothered about the parking company, i get them all the time and just ignore them. Its my insurance company that wants their £60 for passing on my details.

The contract you signed probably states that you have to inform them of parking ticket etc, and that they will pass on your details for an admin fee. So I would think that if it goes to court you will lose and get the CCJ

Thats what I suspected, so will I have to pay it? Whats a CCJ? Does it do anything to your credit file?

It is not actually debt as such.

I think they called decrees in Scotland but not sure how they get their money if I just dont give them it. Any civil court matters there is no legal requirement to go to court in Scotland.

Last edited:
County Court Judgement = CCJ and it knackers your credit score for 6 years but in scotland Im sure although the degree is against a person it actually goes against the address not the individual so can affect everybody living at the address. If thats not the case it certainly used to be

Its an old policy anyway but looking like im going to have to pay it. Looking like if they get a decree, they can get wages arrested so will cost more in the long run.

Unsure if they will go to that length for £60 tho but its a gamble.

The thing is I knew I was going to get a ticket as I get one every week parking there. Im not bothered but I was forgetting I had the hired car. Duh!!

You will also incur court costs when you lose and you will lose. Pay it mate its only £60 and not worth destroying your credit rating for

Its an old policy anyway but looking like im going to have to pay it. Looking like if they get a decree, they can get wages arrested so will cost more in the long run.

Unsure if they will go to that length for £60 tho but its a gamble.

The thing is I knew I was going to get a ticket as I get one every week parking there. Im not bothered but I was forgetting I had the hired car. Duh!!
Be careful on that mate as there was a lady in Dundee recently got stung for many thousands of pounds by the courts for repeated "unenforcable " parking tickets so you are not that safe ;)

Just a suggestion ... why don't you learn to park legally and more considerably?

Be careful on that mate as there was a lady in Dundee recently got stung for many thousands of pounds by the courts for repeated "unenforcable " parking tickets so you are not that safe ;)
Well unless laws changed on a leased car park that cant happen. Its even been reported by Anne Robinson not to pay them on Watchdog a few yrs ago

Back