caught speeding

slimshady

Inactive User
Reaction score
few weeks ago caught speeding in manchester 53 in 30 by a mobile detector van got the paperwork before the 14 day period as law dictates and thought fook points and fine but m8 of mine gave me this website ...http://www.motoringlawyers.com/ had a chat with hilary she said dont worry about it went to court over it and low and behold she blooody well got me off the hook with a technicality so for all you who have been caught recently give it a go

few weeks ago caught speeding in manchester 53 in 30 by a mobile detector van got the paperwork before the 14 day period as law dictates and thought fook points and fine but m8 of mine gave me this website ...http://www.motoringlawyers.com/ had a chat with hilary she said dont worry about it went to court over it and low and behold she blooody well got me off the hook with a technicality so for all you who have been caught recently give it a go

i think its great you got off mate well done

Sorry, I'm with Baaheeduk on this. 53 in a 30 zone is way too much. Getting off will probably just encourage you to do it again.

Lets say ur very jammy i was doing 38 in a 30 but my speedo said i was doing 30 and they got me.

So got a new spedo cable and that sorted the trick lol

Learnt my lesson

Always keep ur car in check.

Mr P

Not wishing to take slims thread off topic,but does anyone know when the speed limits were set (was it years ago in an old banger)?... and have they been reviewed in modern cars since?...

Not wishing to take slims thread off topic,but does anyone know when the speed limits were set (was it years ago in an old banger)?... and have they been reviewed in modern cars since?...

Judging by your post your suggesting that they should be set higher to accommodate modern cars I apologize if I'm wrong but if you are thinking along that line then why would you want to review a speed limit and set it higher than 30MPH in a built up area? some areas like my town have even talked about reducing them to 20MPH

speeding kills no matter how modern the car is

Judging by your post your suggesting that they should be set higher to accommodate modern cars I apologize if I'm wrong but if you are thinking along that line then why would you want to review a speed limit and set it higher than 30MPH in a built up area? some areas like my town have even talked about reducing them to 20MPH

As far as i see he didnt mention anything about built up areas? He could have be talking about moterways?

There far to much crap going about that speedning kills. No it dosnt kill, The fact is if i child runs into the midle of a road all the time its not gonna last long before it gets hit by a car is it? Another point is that your more likey gonna crash into something/someone by not paying attention to whats in front of you - I.e glancing on the pavement at a bird. No matter how quckly your going if you glance at the bird and not paying attention your gonna hit somthing. However that said there is limts for a reson - Some of them are totally stupid, However drivers should be able to use there common sence and do 20 round roads that have kids playing and such and drive quicker when its safe. If they dont have the commen sence - they shouldnt be on the road - Such as idots that do 40 on the moterwat with a 70 limt Or the same way round, Idots that do 60 in a 30.

and on the moterway speed limt im sure newer cars could do 100 easiley and safely along the mother way than a 1980's car.

My take on this is that it doesn't matter if the limits were set in an old banger. The thing that is still constant and relevant is the driver. Humans reactions haven't changed that much I doubt.

I can see why you thought that,but no,i wasn't thinking along those lines.
Just genuinely curious as to when the limit was set and in which car/cars..
The revenue cameras will be on overtime if you get the 20mph limit...

no excuse for speeding in a 30 or 20 zone in my opinion, but it is way too low for modern cars on motorways. i drive an old van and am pretty stuck at 70 on the motorways, and everything passes me , including some wagons on the way up big hills lol

My take on this is that it doesn't matter if the limits were set in an old banger. The thing that is still constant and relevant is the driver. Humans reactions haven't changed that much I doubt.

the reaction time is the same but the stopping time etc etc is alot less in a car with abs than an old banger with nothing but drum brakes.

however beside that i still believe the limit in built up areas should be no more than 30 if a little child could run out of there drive into the road.

also at peak times the limits should maybe still be lowish (80-90) but when theres nothing on the road, why limit it. This is on motor ways/big dual carridge-ways.

As far as i see he didnt mention anything about built up areas? He could have be talking about moterways?

There far to much crap going about that speedning kills. No it dosnt kill, The fact is if i child runs into the midle of a road all the time its not gonna last long before it gets hit by a car is it? Another point is that your more likey gonna crash into something/someone by not paying attention to whats in front of you - I.e glancing on the pavement at a bird. No matter how quckly your going if you glance at the bird and not paying attention your gonna hit somthing. However that said there is limts for a reson - Some of them are totally stupid, However drivers should be able to use there common sence and do 20 round roads that have kids playing and such and drive quicker when its safe. If they dont have the commen sence - they shouldnt be on the road - Such as idots that do 40 on the moterwat with a 70 limt Or the same way round, Idots that do 60 in a 30.

and on the moterway speed limt im sure newer cars could do 100 easiley and safely along the mother way than a 1980's car.

1. As in my post I apologized if I was wrong as he wasn't very clear

2. kids will be kids and that is what they are good at - not paying attention, it's no excuse for speeding drivers

3. I agree cars easley reach 100mph but the motorways are not upto it especially the m25 with all it's fecking pot holes

4. Speeding does kill

Last edited:
i would like to just say that although i am not proud of getting caught doing that sort of speed (which by the way was on a duel carriageway) set at 30 for whatever reasons,anyway thepoint i am going to make is that all these speed cameras do infact cause more accidents because drivers are more concerned about said cameras i know when i am driving along any road i am constantly aware of being snapped by these things for no apparent reason so to be honest these things cause more problems oh and one other thing i have never in 30 years of driving been done for speeding or any other motoring offence that speaks for itself so do not wish to be tarred as a maniac driver

The 30 mph speed limit has been in force since before the war.
The first motorway in Britain had no speed limit but that didn't last long and the 70 mph was brought in.

Personally, I think there is too much emphasis on speed cameras. The majority of drivers do so sensibly.
A speed camera won't flash you if you are doing 30 even though it may be dangerous to drive at that speed, i.e. very heavy rain, loads of children about, ice etc.

We need traffic police on the road to catch the numpties who drive like idiots and illegal drivers.

just out of interest if you don't mind mate, how much did they charge for their services?
just checked the site and what's worrying is the kind of things they claim to get you out of, ie, drink driving!

i would like to just say that although i am not proud of getting caught doing that sort of speed (which by the way was on a duel carriageway) set at 30 for whatever reasons,anyway thepoint i am going to make is that all these speed cameras do infact cause more accidents because drivers are more concerned about said cameras i know when i am driving along any road i am constantly aware of being snapped by these things for no apparent reason so to be honest these things cause more problems oh and one other thing i have never in 30 years of driving been done for speeding or any other motoring offence that speaks for itself so do not wish to be tarred as a maniac driver

I too have to agree with you there as i have been driving for 20 odd years and never been convicted of any driving offences UNTILL recently with the snide (hidden) vans !!! the f**rs done me for 33 mph in a 30 this was as the road reduced from a 40 zone ? So this type of thing has nothing to do with safty its all about money, That said why the f**k do we get a fine and points ?? its all bollocks if you ask me :Doc: and the speed limit is to low on motorways but around town 30 is ok near schools and very built up areas, 40 should still be in on larger roads, and do away with these snide vans that hide in side streets and do people for 3 mph over. TWATS.

Some people call them speed cameras pacman,i prefer to call them revenue cameras.
And if anyone thinks the government cares more about us than money,i truly think they're deluding themselves...

Some people call them speed cameras pacman,i prefer to call them revenue cameras.
And if anyone thinks the government cares more about us than money,i truly think they're deluding themselves...

Agreed :Clap:

Back