caught speeding

wow interseting reading.............

i,m of the view that speeding is wrong and if you get caught tough!!! we've ALL done it at some point.

20, 30 and 40 are the safe zones but i do think the motorways should be apgraded in lanes 2 and 3. even the police drive at 80. Ive been an observer in a motorway car and the police make it known before you go that this is what they do.

just read post, 53 in a 30 limit? are you an idiot? u deserve to be banned, and if you killed some little child? muppet.

i would like to just say that although i am not proud of getting caught doing that sort of speed (which by the way was on a duel carriageway) set at 30 for whatever reasons,anyway thepoint i am going to make is that all these speed cameras do infact cause more accidents because drivers are more concerned about said cameras i know when i am driving along any road i am constantly aware of being snapped by these things for no apparent reason so to be honest these things cause more problems oh and one other thing i have never in 30 years of driving been done for speeding or any other motoring offence that speaks for itself so do not wish to be tarred as a maniac driver

just a thinking about this but I've never come across a duel carriageway where the speed limit is 30, the lowest I've ever come across is 40

However I did come across this today
* The national speed limit for cars and motorcycles is 60mph on single carriageways and 70mph on dual carriageways and motorways (Goods vehicles, buses and cars towing have different limits - see the Highway Code online: www.highwaycode.gov.uk).

I now for a fact the A406 (North Circular London) lowest speed at certain points is set at 40MPH

Was it set to 30 because of roadworks?

There's a similar stretch of road in Scotland where the speed limit changes down to 30 despite the road looking like a dual carriageway. The police in their wisdom, sit in the layby and pull countless unknowing drivers who exceed the 30mph limit. Its simply a money making excercise and an easy shift for lazy traffic cops who could be out catching drunk or dangerous drivers.

Back