caught speeding

As far as i see he didnt mention anything about built up areas? He could have be talking about moterways?

There far to much crap going about that speedning kills. No it dosnt kill, The fact is if i child runs into the midle of a road all the time its not gonna last long before it gets hit by a car is it? Another point is that your more likey gonna crash into something/someone by not paying attention to whats in front of you - I.e glancing on the pavement at a bird. No matter how quckly your going if you glance at the bird and not paying attention your gonna hit somthing. However that said there is limts for a reson - Some of them are totally stupid, However drivers should be able to use there common sence and do 20 round roads that have kids playing and such and drive quicker when its safe. If they dont have the commen sence - they shouldnt be on the road - Such as idots that do 40 on the moterwat with a 70 limt Or the same way round, Idots that do 60 in a 30.

and on the moterway speed limt im sure newer cars could do 100 easiley and safely along the mother way than a 1980's car.

lol great post...........not. it is very easy for a child to be playing with there m8's and be distracted/not hear or see a car coming and walk out into its path espeacialy if the tit driving it is speeding. i have 4 kids and my eldest two which i walk to school often forget to stop look listen and there are plenty of dickheads who fly past the school doing way over 40mph.

its 30 for a reason im sure you have seen the advert!

We have a dual carriage way near us its called the laceby bypass a few years ago 2 young lads decided to race each other down there after all its a duel carraigeway right no one will get hurt wrong one of the lads lost controll and plowed into some school kids on there way home from school killed them outright.

i suppose if he had been going at the proper speed and not racing he would hae still killed them?

As far as i see he didnt mention anything about built up areas? He could have be talking about moterways?

There far to much crap going about that speedning kills. No it dosnt kill, The fact is if i child runs into the midle of a road all the time its not gonna last long before it gets hit by a car is it? Another point is that your more likey gonna crash into something/someone by not paying attention to whats in front of you - I.e glancing on the pavement at a bird. No matter how quckly your going if you glance at the bird and not paying attention your gonna hit somthing. However that said there is limts for a reson - Some of them are totally stupid, However drivers should be able to use there common sence and do 20 round roads that have kids playing and such and drive quicker when its safe. If they dont have the commen sence - they shouldnt be on the road - Such as idots that do 40 on the moterwat with a 70 limt Or the same way round, Idots that do 60 in a 30.

and on the moterway speed limt im sure newer cars could do 100 easiley and safely along the mother way than a 1980's car.

A few points:

1. Speed does kill. I'm sure you've seen the advert. Someone getting hit by a car has a much better chance of surviving getting hit at 30 rather than at 40. The same goes for the driver doing 70 in a 50 or 60 coming around a corner a bit too swiftly and plough on in to a wall.

2. Same pretty much applies if you are distracted. If you follow the speed limit, your stopping distance is reduced. But if you get that distracted you plough straight into something/someone and don't know it's happening until its happened, you're not really fit to be driving if you can't concentrate on the road.

3. It doesn't matter if a modern car can comfortably do a hundred on the motorway. It's not safe. Your stopping distance is increased, the roads are unsuitible for it and you increase your chances of hitting someone or crashing. It takes a lot less to make a car lose control at 100 than 70 and a crash at 100 is a lot more fatal. I saw a car myself lose control and go straight into a hedge because they were going that little too fast for the road. A very slight hump in the road threw the weight of the car in a way that made the driver lose grip.

lol great post...........not. it is very easy for a child to be playing with there m8's and be distracted/not hear or see a car coming and walk out into its path QUOTE]

Then that's a careless pedestrian isn't it?,should carry the same charge as careless driving... but i suppose kids will be kids hey.
If they're responsible enough to be playing outside they should take more care..
i won't mention bad parenting hehe...

lol great post...........not. it is very easy for a child to be playing with there m8's and be distracted/not hear or see a car coming and walk out into its path QUOTE]

Then that's a careless pedestrian isn't it?,should carry the same charge as careless driving... but i suppose kids will be kids hey.
If they're responsible enough to be playing outside they should take more care..

call me a bad parent if you like i wasnt refering to my kids they dont play near roads as we have service roads ie roads at the back of our houses in front is just an open green with trees.

i was infact refering to myself it wasnt that long ago i was a kid and there were times i didnt hear a car coming and crossed or a m8 was cahsing me and i ran across.

And if you got somthing to say about me come straight out and say it in future.

call me a bad parent if you like i wasnt refering to my kids they dont play near roads as we have service roads ie roads at the back of our houses in front is just an open green with trees.

i was infact refering to myself it wasnt that long ago i was a kid and there were times i didnt hear a car coming and crossed or a m8 was cahsing me and i ran across.

And if you got somthing to say about me come straight out and say it in future.

Where did i mention anything specifically about you? i never implied anything about you or your kids...
If i had anything to say about about you,i'd have no hesitation to come straight out and say so..

Some people call them speed cameras pacman,i prefer to call them revenue cameras.
And if anyone thinks the government cares more about us than money,i truly think they're deluding themselves...

In the name of JC (jemery clarkson)

Piggybanks!

A few points:

1. Speed does kill. I'm sure you've seen the advert. Someone getting hit by a car has a much better chance of surviving getting hit at 30 rather than at 40. The same goes for the driver doing 70 in a 50 or 60 coming around a corner a bit too swiftly and plough on in to a wall.

2. Same pretty much applies if you are distracted. If you follow the speed limit, your stopping distance is reduced. But if you get that distracted you plough straight into something/someone and don't know it's happening until its happened, you're not really fit to be driving if you can't concentrate on the road.

3. It doesn't matter if a modern car can comfortably do a hundred on the motorway. It's not safe. Your stopping distance is increased, the roads are unsuitible for it and you increase your chances of hitting someone or crashing. It takes a lot less to make a car lose control at 100 than 70 and a crash at 100 is a lot more fatal. I saw a car myself lose control and go straight into a hedge because they were going that little too fast for the road. A very slight hump in the road threw the weight of the car in a way that made the driver lose grip.

I dont disagree with any of that. My point in my post was the fact is no matter how you hide it people die by

1) stupidity
2) not paying attention
and way down the list is speeding.

Theres 1000 conditions no one speams to think of and just blurt out speeding kills, Yes okey it does kill - BUT only a small majorty of people are kills by speeding must more accidents are down to driving with out due care and attention!

A seriously dumb post ukbob. You obviously have no idea about kids, or responsible driving for that matter.

A seriously dumb post ukbob. You obviously have no idea about kids, or responsible driving for that matter.

Opposing views to mine sound just as dumb... thats the beauty of opinions nara...

This whole speed limit new car milarky, the point I think peeps miss is quiet simply if you hit someone at 30 blah blah regardsless of you hitting the brakes ;) so the whole I have an ultra modern cars with super doopper brakes does not come into the equation.

I'm a bike rider when it sunny ;) and yes I break speed limits (PRIVATE ROAD) but never in a 30 zone or built up area normally up in the hills amonst the sheep.

There's a time and a place for speed and 30 zones just anit it.

Where did i mention anything specifically about you? i never implied anything about you or your kids...
If i had anything to say about about you,i'd have no hesitation to come straight out and say so..

certainly sounded lime it was aimed at me. and besides were not talking about who's at fault when someone is hit by a car just the fact that a speeding car as appose to one doing the speed limit is far more likly to kill the pedestrian.

Therefore speed does kill how anyone can think it doesnt is beyond me.

This whole speed limit new car milarky, the point I think peeps miss is quiet simply if you hit someone at 30 blah blah regardsless of you hitting the brakes ;) so the whole I have an ultra modern cars with super doopper brakes does not come into the equation.

I'm a bike rider when it sunny ;) and yes I break speed limits (PRIVATE ROAD) but never in a 30 zone or built up area normally up in the hills amonst the sheep.

There's a time and a place for speed and 30 zones just anit it.

Hang on a minute... you're not ghost rider are you? (the swedish? bike rider,not the hollywood film character) hehe

You are all seeming a bit holier than thou here.

I drive all day and the only people I see who stay under 30 are old women driving small cars.

Most people drive at 35mph.
You will all jump in and have a go at me but you know I'm right.

No, I won't have a go, but only an idiot would regularly drive at 35 mph in a built up area. Most sensible drivers adjust their speed to suit the conditions. Yes, I will drive at 35mph if I have good visibiity, the roads are quiet and there are no hazards like parked vehicles behind which children could be hidden. If I get done for speeding, I won't complain.

If conditions are different, I might only drive at 20mph or less, but I would certainly never drive at 53mph like the original poster. That's stupid and reckless.

firstly i never realised that i was doing 53 but at the same time this was not in a built up area it was on a duel carriageway with no parked cars no pedestrian crossings and most of all no pedestrians

I drive all day and the only people I see who stay under 30 are old women driving small cars.

There is a big difference in doing 35 and 53mph m8 think about.

40 to 60 is about average on a normal day...

There is a big difference in doing 35 and 53mph m8 think about.

ok lets have a quick poll to see who drives what car ?

I will go first Bmw 525i (diesel) auto 1994.

325i auto 1995.

and yes i do drive to the speed limit (when it is reasonable) but most of the time i just stick with the flow in front of me. (which unless theres an oap in front is never spot on the limit)

Back