Cat8

Surely the energy consumption outweighs the coin you're mining? Majority of miners these days run massive farms in china, and have sewn the market up.
Most people have moved on from bitcoin as it isn't worth it. There are much better things to mine like Ethereum, apparently.

Most people have moved on from bitcoin as it isn't worth it. There are much better things to mine like Ethereum, apparently.

Im not sure it would be classed as "better", safer perhaps, but not better. The underlying technology of the ledger is not going anywhere, and will be adopted within most things we do. However bitcoin was and always will be synonymous with the darknet, that is why the price rocketed, and has dropped so drastically. After alphabay and such got busted, then coins got flooded into the market driving the price down. It was of course artificially high in the first place, the problem being laundering the coins and getting real cash for them. There are solutions to this obviously, but when you've got over a million in bitcoin, it does raise suspicions, when you're selling them on LBC...

Brother in Law put Cat 8 into his house which is just across road from mine. I have Cat 6 cabling and there is no difference at all from what I have seen in terms of speed of internet usage. That thou I suspect is more to do with internet provider.

Im not sure it would be classed as "better", safer perhaps, but not better. The underlying technology of the ledger is not going anywhere, and will be adopted within most things we do. However bitcoin was and always will be synonymous with the darknet, that is why the price rocketed, and has dropped so drastically. After alphabay and such got busted, then coins got flooded into the market driving the price down. It was of course artificially high in the first place, the problem being laundering the coins and getting real cash for them. There are solutions to this obviously, but when you've got over a million in bitcoin, it does raise suspicions, when you're selling them on LBC...
I have to bow to your superior knowledge, I know practically nothing about crypto currencies. Apart from losing quite a bit when Mt Gox went under.
I just remember reading a recent Lifehacker article that basically said Bitcoins are virtually mined out whereas other crypto currencies are still worth mining.

Back