Casting to an outdoor projector

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bought a cheap projector (Apeman) just for outside and an "Anycast" hdmi WiFi adaptor thinking I could cast my phone to it but now I'm stumped.

Also, would it be possible to cast from a Zgemma H9s ?
That's what I'm faced with from the projector.
Can someone please explain what I do. I've had a few hours but I've given up (dotted out QR)

Attachments

• 20210612_130143.jpg
    20210612_130143.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
I thought it was abit dicky when I first plugged it in as I had to slightly manipulate the cable to get it to kick up.
When I looked inside the adapter power socket the USB slot has come loose and its shoved too far back for the cable socket to push into.

Bagged up its going back to the seller

I got another and now I'm thinking about it I've not thought this casting thing through properly.
I thought I'd be able to simply turn the phone on and cast the screen over to the projector but I have to turn the phone data and WiFi off so I couldn't use IPTV anyway.
Am I just better using a stick?. I was wanting the football terrestrial live no delay rather than a 20-30second delay.
Is there anyway I can get my Zgemma H9s over to it or anything else ?.
Taking the sat box out would be an utter ball ache so something simple so the missus can use it.
I suggested chalk and an easel for when she's in "her" hot tub but that didn't go down very well

I know I thought that , funny enough I have 2 or 3 of the HDMI extension adaptors but I'm still short as it's about 15m-18m away. Thats fine for me watching football but I'd need a magic eye for her turn channels over.
Do all FTA type sticks have delays ? I have a Nowtv stick I've never actually used.

does the tv have HDMI CEC if so then the tv remote should control the zgemma over hdmi

I use a google chromecast latest version on mine works a treat with all the usual IPTV apps as well as netflix and casting from my phone

I use a google chromecast latest version on mine works a treat with all the usual IPTV apps as well as netflix and casting from my phone
Is there a delay when watching live TV ?

As with I player and iptv there is always a slight delay against the live tv but you do get the full android tv and access to play store without having to side load apps. So you don’t have to cast from a phone I get decent WiFi speeds in my garden. I was surprised at the picture quality you can get from a £80 projector.

Attachments

• 1A6ACF56-5481-4C51-BBC3-3E1DC19BF1ED.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 9
Back