Cas3 and Millennium + Problem

TheDogs

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys...go a problem with my duolabs cas 3 programer and my millennium card
I plug the serial cable in and the usb and start Cas Interface Studio 8.7 leaving my card out at this point.
Once loaded i select utilities...click ok on the "smart card removed" check....select pheonix the Pheonix @ 3.579 then click hide...i insert my card at this point thenopen Millennium Card Loader-1.0.3
com port selected at com2 and fasr speed selected but then i get this

Resetting Card ...
No ATR from card

any ideas what im doing wrong?
using a serial cable with a gender changer (used this may a time on various cable boxes)

the gender changer possible also turns the cable into a null modem lead as well m8 (cross over lead) and as its expecting data via serial, itll be on the wrong pins, so wont read properly

try a straight serial lead and usb connection and it should then be ok

Issues with Programming Millennium and Omnia+ Cards

Most problems with programming these cards are due to programmer’s bad configuration, Com ports, wrong cabling, usb to RS232 adapters, and pc conflicts.

Programmers

First of all make sure you have the correct programmer. Most programmers will work but you have to keep few things in mind:
The likes of Infinity phoenix, Cas 2 or 3, Dynamite, Smartbee, etc, which bring serial socket , will need both of them connected because data transmits trough physical serial connection and cable. On the cases of you having software that needs to be set for phoenix mode to work, as soon as you select that, the usb port only gets used to get programmer powered up. All transmissions are done trough serial. Those like that are the Infinity phoenix, Cas 2 or 3, Dynamite and similar. They do not have VCP-mode (Virtual com port)
Smartbee programmer is automatically set to phoenix as soon as you plug it but once again, you need physical serial port as only using the usb bit (only used to power up the programmer) will not work.
Only programmers like Infinity USB Unlimited, infinity smart, etc, with VCP-mode (Virtual com port) option are capable of creating a virtual port capable of transmitting data trough Usb.

Cables

Make sure you are using the right cables. The serial cable you use to connect must be 9-9pin, male-female wired straight thru

Adapters and convertors

Just because you have an adapter that installs, it does not mean it works. Make sure you buy a good and proved working one of them, so you are sure that port is actually created. PCMIA to RS232 are recommended for Lap tops instead of usb to serial ones. Also, make sure those are compatible with your operating system

Computer issues

Some firewall and security program installed on your pc, can block the functionality of you programnmers and loaders. Make sure your firewall or other, allow them to run.

Com ports

If you still have problems you could have a com port conflict. Uninstall the com port from System/device manager and install again to see if it works

Thanks to Joedenoble

Thanks m8.....thought it could be that...ordered another so fingers crossed

Cable cam today and sorted the problem

thanks again for the replies

Dogs

Back