cartridges dried up

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
i've got a lazer printer that i use all the time no probs, buti need to photocopy some papers, so i got the Lexmark out of the cupboard and nothing printing out, the machine working ok but no images, i've checked the cartridges and they are half full, but when i touch the bottom of them where the ink comes out there's nothing nothing coming out.There've obviously dried up. Is there anything i can do to get them working again?

Thanks guy's

u could try standing them in some water

well i've nothing to lose, as they don't work any way....lol

@ fisco2001...i know what u mean, as this was my first thought too, i'll leave them for a few minute with just the bottoms sitting a mim of water and then see i can get anything from the bottom of them before inserting them in machine...

let u know how it goe's.

Yarrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!......wollahhhhh, it worked. Well the colour came out red only, i think the yellow & blue are on their way out. The black was faded and after checking the ink level it was alittle low too....but hey, it got them going again. But i've now resolved my orginal problem, i've scanned the things i wanted to photo copy to PC and saved them, then printed them off using the laser printer....lol

Thanks guy's.

Yarrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!......wollahhhhh, it worked. Well the colour came out red only, i think the yellow & blue are on their way out. The black was faded and after checking the ink level it was alittle low too....but hey, it got them going again. But i've now resolved my orginal problem, i've scanned the things i wanted to photo copy to PC and saved them, then printed them off using the laser printer....lol

Thanks guy's.

: multi : Glad To Here They Working Now

the ink used in cartridges is water based so logical to use water to disolve the hard ink :)

Back