cars...i think im cursed

arbelos

Inactive User
Reaction score
havin alot of problems with my own car, been fecked for past 3 months and costing a fortune to fix without getting anywhere...

anyway...the parents went on holiday on saturday n ma dad lent me his car to get to work

then tonight coming home (third time driving it), could hear the fans going mental and the engine temp gauge suddenly rising...what is it with me n cars :frown:

gonna take a look at the engine tommorow, check all water, coolant etc levels are ok but its really starting to do my nut in

Lol, did you not think to pull over when the temps and fans went crazy and check your water then?

You could cause permanent damage if you have drove it whilst overheating, although I tend to find the engine cuts out, lol, that is if I don't realise before hand. So if you got home ok you could be ok. Fingers crossed for you mate.

yeh i did pull over, to dark to see anything tho ...was only bout mile from the house so left it 20 mins then drove home...was fine until i pulled into my street then temp n fans went nuts again

dads gonna kill me lol...had it for 3 years and hes never had a problem...i have it three days and it goes tits up

it sounds like its one of three things, low on coolent and has an airlock, maby a stuck thermostat, or a blown headgasket. i wouldnt worry to much, check the coolent levels in the morning and also take of the oil filler cap and see if there is a creamy looking oil on the cap and in the engine. if the oil is creamy then its most likely head gasket. let your dad know it nearly over heated - he will thank you for telling him so he dosnt get stranded. your probo best not to use the car until its been looked at by someone who is competant in car maintence.

we have all been there with cars, some years back my old granada had a gearbox go. i got her back then 2 days later the loom went (wrote of the car) i got it towed home and jumped in the wifes car (cavalier) and went to work. on the way home the engine let go. i then borrowed my dads car (BRAND NEW mondeo) the following day - on the way to work some twat without insurance licence mot etc decided he wanted to be in the back seat of my dads car with me pushing me into the car infront, the car was totalled. i spent 7 weeks off work with some bad injuries (whip lash, burns to my wrist, fractured toe (i still dont know how!) and a cracked rib from the seat belt). in the mean time i ordered a brand new fiat stilo. it got delivered one week before i went back to work. the second day i had it my next door neighbour decided accidently to demolish his 6ft brick wall all over my brand new shiney car with only 32miles on with his old banger.

its the joys of motoring, you either have to shrug it with a laugh or you will be crying. good luck mate, i know how you feel.

yeh i did pull over, to dark to see anything tho ...was only bout mile from the house so left it 20 mins then drove home...was fine until i pulled into my street then temp n fans went nuts again

dads gonna kill me lol...had it for 3 years and hes never had a problem...i have it three days and it goes tits up
its the thermostat

well im not as unlucky as you audiobookman...lol

havnt managed to get hold of ma da yet, but had it out tonite jus a run round the block and only seems to go really high while idleing then moving off slow...higher gears its fine...think it could be thermostat like david said or a blown head gasket...both known problems for the model of car

so thats me stuck with gettin buses or taxis to work...fuckin typical, even my own car, fix one thing a new error shows up startin to get really pissed off now

Back