Card Splitting

cafe.racer

Inactive User
Reaction score
I didn't realise what the correct term was for this, it's taken me ages to realise that I was searching for the wrong stuff.

So, would something like the SmartWi work with a subbed card? Perhaps too early to tell if it would work after N3, but peoples view would be nice?

I have two PC's one with one Fire DTV-C, the other with two, and it would be good to be able to continue to use them.

Last edited:
A card splitter will only work with compatible encryptions. For example it will not work with ND$. I dont think they work with n3 either but I could be wrong on that. If they do you will still need the bk from the card to be able to use it elsewhere.

Picking this one back up, then, I've read a few posts that say the the SmartWi does work with N3 but would depend on the boxkey being the same on all the devices that the Subbed Card's split to.

So, what's the chances of getting my boxkey from somewhere?

I guess it would mean putting the subbed card back in the Virgin box every now and then...

I'm no expert on this, in fact far from it, but I seem to remember that you could read the BK etc from an old card with an unlooper and the correct software etc, wondering if it's possible to read this from the old cards as they are replaced, dont think you can read it from a subbed card without them knowing, just a thought!!!

Good point, I didn't think about reading the old card. Wouldn't know where to start with that, either...

I don't mind having a play if it's at all feasible (as long as you lot help :) ).

Back