Card Pairing

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've received a new card from Sky because my old one stopped working.
What I want to know is can I put it in my dreambox and give Sky the details of my Thompson box and will it pair ?

The reason i'm asking is because when it arrived yesterday I set my old Thompson box up and they couldn't get it to pair to it.
They are sending another card out in case that one is faulty but i'm concerned it may be the Thompson box that is faulty.
The original card was paired to this box,

you can update it while in 3rd party box but if need the premium stuff to work it needs paired to an sd box

The Thompson HD box cant take the hit that stops you using it in a third party box afaik.
I paired the card to this box a while ago and then it went straight into my dm500s and has been fine with the sports etc for a couple of years or more untill it died last week.

if its the new red card boxid will need entered in oscam for premium stuff the slight difference in the cards

I'm sure i read somewhere that you just needed the box details as the card is paired via the feeds or internet.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the red card and i've got the box id in oscam.
i was just wondering if the card could be paired in the dreambox with the info from my Sky box.

should be fine in 3rd party box but i thought needed paired to an sd box to get premium channels
but if you had it working obviously not

Yeah it used to be an sd box or the Thompson HD box.
These were the only ones that could do it without it taking the hit.

Back