Card Never Paired

exoticasian30

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK lads,

I bought a brand new Sammy but am having some probs.

I hope I have written this in a way you can follow...

Cut talkback, checked EM, set freq, ppv pin and set the net id using the remote.

I let the box update (exc&w cr3), powered down, put card in and rebooted. I let the box run for about 1 hour and during this period I only had the fta channels.

I never checked the EM to see if the card had paired yet - mistake 1

I took the card out and sure enough it could not be dumped (rom11boc).
I thought that the card must have been activated due to the fact that it was now locked???

Glitched card and dumped with XNCS. I got all 0000s for the IRD but there was a BK there. (Starts with "C5" and ends with "B9")

I then wrote to this same rom11 card using the IRD from the box's EM and the BK from the glitched card but I only got fta channels. All other channels give me a black screen. I do not get the "not subscribed" message, only black screen. The card status shows as "OK" in eng menu but nothing....

I have now re written the original saved dump to this card but now get no channels at all. All I get is "not subscribed" on every channel and in the EM the card status is "never paired"

Can I get this card to somehow pair so I can get a BK or will I have to JTAG the bugger....

i had the same problem a few weeks back i updated a new sammy box without the card in and then glitched the card open but no luck at all getting bk i had to jtag it to get bk
i should have left the card in the box when i did the first update
now the card has been glitched
i doubt you will ever pair the card with the box with the original dump just jtag it and use the open card to put your image on.
hope this helps

If the box was new the the card will not be paired m8. You will never be able to pair the card even if you had it in the box when you did the update. The card gets paired by the cable comp when they install. You will have to jtag.

tmc

Thanks to Knight and TMC

Cheers lads,

Interesting point about the cc pairing the card when they install. I'd like to know how they do that.

I can jtag it no probs but I wish that I had checked the card status in the EM before I took the card out and glitched it just to see if it was "never paired" at that point.

Time to get the soldering iron out. I am glad I kept the box on cr3 seeing that a lot of peeps are having problems getting their bk on cr3.2.

knight said:
i had the same problem a few weeks back i updated a new sammy box without the card in and then glitched the card open but no luck at all getting bk i had to jtag it to get bk
i should have left the card in the box when i did the first update
now the card has been glitched
i doubt you will ever pair the card with the box with the original dump just jtag it and use the open card to put your image on.
hope this helps

Knight,

When you glitched the card, did it give you a fake BK when compared to your jtag result or no BK at all?

Don't bother trying to get the bk of the card from a new box, just jtag it straight out of the box and re-write your card once you've glitched it.
As @tmc said, only the cc's can pair the card on a new box .......:Cry:

exoticasian30 said:
Knight,
When you glitched the card, did it give you a fake BK when compared to your jtag result or no BK at all?
i got a fake bk nothing like the one i got from jtag
if you update a sammy from new with the card in it will pair with the box i have done a few now

knight said:
i got a fake bk nothing like the one i got from jtag
if you update a sammy from new with the card in it will pair with the box i have done a few now
Never had any joy ever with the card pairing to a new box, perhaps i'm not leaving it on stream long enough?
I've got a new box coming in later this week so i'll stick it on stream for a while and see what happens ...:) (after i've jtaged it)

Fecking thing ..........

Cut TB
set Netid and freq in em
card in and streamed box and took update, left on stream for an hour ......:(
re-booted box and checked card stutus in em > not paired
Jtaged with OCD and latest bytes and lifted BK & IRD
Knocked up mosc and tested > all working ok:Biggrin2:

Now glitching original card but I am 99.9% sure it didn't pair ......

just hit packet 1 so I hope it wont be to long to confirm .......:)

fatblerk said:
Fecking thing ..........
Cut TB
set Netid and freq in em
card in and streamed box and took update, left on stream for an hour ......:(
Knocked up mosc and tested > all working ok:Biggrin2:
Now glitching original card but I am 99.9% sure it didn't pair ......
just hit packet 1 so I hope it wont be to long to confirm .......:)

What cr version did you update to?

I know that I have never ever left a card in the box while it is taking any kind of update so I did not help myself on that score.

exoticasian30 said:
What cr version did you update to?
I know that I have never ever left a card in the box while it is taking any kind of update so I did not help myself on that score.

v3.2 .......

Finally glitched card and confirmed no update or pairing .........

exoticasian30 said:
You mean the card was unable to pair with the box?

Yes.... card didn't pair with box :grayno:

IRD was all 0's & BK was false ...

fatblerk said:
Yes.... card didn't pair with box :grayno:
IRD was all 0's & BK was false ...

Thanks for the help mate.

That just confirms it for me. Mine is exactly the same. IRD was all 0000's and a real dodgy looking BK.

Fecking thing ..........

Cut TB
set Netid and freq in em
card in and streamed box and took update, left on stream for an hour ......
Knocked up mosc and tested > all working ok

Hi Mate,

Sorry for the PM but i need your help mate.
I got a 6 months old sammy got the BK and IRD with BK2. no problem.
Now i got to do another one for a friend and and we bought a new one...
Done the usaual a bit different from you:
1 cut tb
2 changed pin on 1234
3 rebooted with feed and updated downloaded
4 trying to get BK and IRD with BK2 and ird ok but all 00 for BK
5 set ocd and try to read BK with a lot of different BYTE bla bla bla bla
Nada!!!!!
Now my only hope is to read the old sammy which is working and try to read-find byte where BK is.

Then do the same on the new one
My net id is 00013 reading area pure ntl

Any idea how can i dump the whole keys using ocd?

cheers mate!

grooster said:
If the box is on cr3.2 you'll have to look in different areas for the bk. look in this section on
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59574

I looked at the above thread but no luck.

how can i down grade to 3.0?

how can i read-dump all keys into a file as i got another summy that for some reasons i managed to read bk.
my plan is to read location of byte-key on the one that is working with ocd commander but dont know how to read the whole file.

Please help.

Back