card going off

Sky are still installing the old sky+HD boxes

Sky no longer supply Sky HD boxes, all boxes supplied by them have to be SkyQ which entails changing the LNB as well, I cannot see them installing new SkyQ boxes and LNBs free of charge though?
That is not what I said, please read the post again. Sky ARE replacing Thompson Sky HD boxes with refurbished SKY HD boxes. I have one arrived today to replace my Thompson box. As a NEW subscriber you will have to have a Sky Q box, also if you upgrade to Multiroom from an existing subscription.

it also seems that sky are moving over to the Virgin model, where Sky own the equipment.

That will make it easier in the future for upgrading equipment for encryption purposes

yeah you dont own skyQ box
still doing amazing deals for old customers currently have two invites to come back
1st 75% discount = full package @ £20.00 a month for 12 months
2nd 60% discount with no contract

that lot desperate for custom throwing it at you pmsl shame its crap viewing nowt but repeats

anyone had any luck pairing to another sd box, coming from a thomson, my cards off and has been for a week or so, whats my options here for getting it back up and going, which box would i need and how do you go about pairing it, thanks.

any sd box should work pair it online should be easy enough

which sd boxes lads i havnt got a clue with them to be honest.

as far as i am aware any will do it

yes m8 I pair a sd box 2 months ago on online
joe which box did you pair it too mate, just had a look on ebay but all i can see is hd boxes like the 890 which are no good.

look for a white one on fleabay
pace sd but pretty sure any sd is all you need

Last edited:
cheers lads ill see if i can source 1 from anywhere, sure someone will have 1 knocking around still. how did you go about pairing the card is there a link, just had a quick google seen theres an app for it, is that the best way, cheers lads.

cheers lads ill see if i can source 1 from anywhere, sure someone will have 1 knocking around still. how did you go about pairing the card is there a link, just had a quick google seen theres an app for it, is that the best way, cheers lads.

on your sky account online m8

right guys iv had an ask about and managed to source an amstrad drx 280, cany anyone confirm weather this is suitable, it is the old white box so i assume so.

right guys iv had an ask about and managed to source an amstrad drx 280, cany anyone confirm weather this is suitable, it is the old white box so i assume so.

have you tried using oscam before trying to pair your card again,it worked for me.

have you tried using oscam before trying to pair your card again,it worked for me.
my card is paired to a thomson box though mate so wont it just go off by 31st anyway,regardless of cam, im trying to prolongue if possible, if it goes it goes nowt we can do is there, lol!

I dont know if that would happen, but you cross that bridge when its time,in the meantime you could give oscam a whirl, it dont cost anything nothing ventured nothing gained

@BIG-HOL

Have your entitlements gone off?

If so, have you tried to update them via the box rather than the CAM?

Last edited by a moderator:
@BIG-HOL

Have your entitlements gone off?

If so, have you tried to update them via the box rather than the CAM?

iv not tried that mate no, do you mean back in the thomson box and see if it updates the entitlements, my entitlements are upto 31st jan 2017 so its updated them at some point, but obviously card isnt clearing for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back