Caravan installation.

blinky3i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Just been given a sky dish and digibox that somebody has had lying around and not been used.
My plan is to install it in my caravan so any freinds or family that use it that have a sky account at home should just be able to bring their viewing card with them, and for those that don't i would like it to be just a glorified freeview box.
now heres the problem i don't know a god damn thing about sky/freesat i am just a oridnary cable guy :)

Any ideas suggestions most greatful.

Thanks

thats two if us , but l would think u install that sat image and then the image tells u where to point the dish .. and then scan ..

i have not got a dreambox sat box, i just have an ordinary sky issued thomson thing - or am i missing something here?

You need to get a sky dish, some cable and a sat finder. Aim in similar direction that other dishes face, use the bleeper to tune to the strongest signal and you should get pictures.
Alternatively pay a local tv aerial company to fit the dish, maybe around £70~80 total.

id just do it yourself. you shouldnt have any bother getting a signal and its very easy using a bleeper

try youtube for some video guides

Do i need a viewing card to obtain the freeview line up?, or will it just give me those without?

IH there You dont requie a sky card to get FTA but if you want to benifit from free to air just get yourself any old sky card and put it in the box this will give you some extra free channels like channel 4 , 5 ect.

Oh forgot if you do have a sky subscription at home with say the moves package and you think that your card will work if you take the card with you on holidays with you, think again. The sky card is paired with your sky box at home so if you wanted to view sky movies while on holiday you will have to take the box from the house im affraid.

Alternatively, get a tm3500+ and you will be able to use a sky card with subscription channels without having to worry about pairing card and box

Back