Car theft rise prompts keyless warning

We put our keys in RFID blocking pouches overnight. Cheap as chips on Amazon and well worth the price to stop toe-rags from scanning the keys.

What about the manufacture of the cars employ the technology into the key card outer cover material itself ?. you'd think some boffin would think of that rather than turn the radio up by swirling my finger. Its a killer touching the stork VOL + -

I've started putting my keys in a rfid pouch like captin but i still don't know how they get past the alarm. My car for example if i walk close to the car only the boot will open but the car will still remain locked until i push the door open button on the remote. So i am guessing that some cars disable the alarm if you walk close to the car. If not how do they get the remote code without someone pressing the remote and they monitor it?

I've started putting my keys in a rfid pouch like captin but i still don't know how they get past the alarm. My car for example if i walk close to the car only the boot will open but the car will still remain locked until i push the door open button on the remote. So i am guessing that some cars disable the alarm if you walk close to the car. If not how do they get the remote code without someone pressing the remote and they monitor it?

It might be like what you've said - The alarm is disabled at the same time. I think most keys will roll each time they are used but I'm not up to speed on new transponders. It could still be a code blocking attack where a code was sniffed, but blocked from the car, at an earlier time.

Back