Car showing up with finance - hpi check

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to look at a car and its coming up with finance on it - its from a car super market. I called them to check and they said it would do as they have these cars on some form of finance agreement (this apparently applies to all cars on their forecourt) and it clears when they sell the car.

Does anyone know anything about this? Obviously its illegal to sell a car with finance on it so they would have to sort it but I haven't heard this before.

Cheers

I had this from another dealer.

Apparently some of the big boys buy cars on credit from some sort of car pool. Its kind of a 30 days business type payment. If they carnt sell the car they can send it back and get a credit note.

Now at the time i was less than convinced and walked away but got the same at another dealer were he explained the same thing. I now know it to be correct.

Thanks, I didn't realise but as I dug down the HPI check email it did detail this (or at least advised to speak to the selling company).

Hi,
I am going to look at a car and its coming up with finance on it - its from a car super market. I called them to check and they said it would do as they have these cars on some form of finance agreement (this apparently applies to all cars on their forecourt) and it clears when they sell the car.

Does anyone know anything about this? Obviously its illegal to sell a car with finance on it so they would have to sort it but I haven't heard this before.

Cheers
Buying A Car With Outstanding Finance On It – HPI Blog
Either you pay it or the garage pays it can you guess who????

Back