car parking ticket :(

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone got a parking ticket and appealed against it, ???

did they cancel the ticket

if your one of these people, can you give me a few tips :)

Who gave you the ticket? which council? i've cancelled all mine. i've even got a 300quid compensation for them wasting my time.

Just tell me your council and i'll tell you what to do mate.

If its NCP who gave you the ticket you have no chance of getting it canceled unless they are in the wrong they take a photo of your car illegaly parked with a time and date on it.

I have got off one by getting a ticket from a friend who had paid to park in the same place. I said it must have fallen off the dash and when I emailed them a copy they cancelled it.

Thanks both,

It was in nottigham, the ticket is in the car at the mo,

i parked in the town today, no yellow lines, but a sign in the corner which i didnt see,

he just stuck it on the car by the time i got there,

he felt sorry for me and told me to appeal and say that i didnt see the sign

ive had a few off stockport council pain in the arse

It would need to be a pretty thorough appeal mate. Perhaps you could go to the scene and take some photos to prove that the sign was not clearly visible. That's what I done with a parking suspension.

They will only except appeals where you have a convincing case. I am in the process of appealing two tickets - one for me and my sister - but I have done my homework, and will go to the parking and traffic appeals service if I have to.

As for compensation, that is difficult to get in London, but I may try it if my appeal is refused.

There is a forum for parking tickets, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention it on here.

Nottingham is very good. You'll get off. Write to them saying the signage was incorrect and if there was no yellow lines then they have no case against you. take a picture of both the sign and the road where there is no yellow line and tell them you want to appeal. They will reject your case at first but just send them another letter asking for an adjudicators decision, at which point they should find in your favour, however, if they dont, tell them you want to take the matter to court and you will charge them court fees in excess of 1500quid an hour.
Any problems let me know.

Ps: nottingham parking tickets are illegal. pm me for more details if you need. also, i bet the ticket does not have these words on them "date of issue".

As for compensation, that is difficult to get in London, but I may try it if my appeal is refused.

got my compensation from Transport for london. They try to scare you, but dont be intimidated as they dont have a leg to stand on.

i dont live in nottigham, is there anyway without taking the picture,

give me 10 mins, going to get the ticket

got my compensation from Transport for london. They try to scare you, but dont be intimidated as they dont have a leg to stand on.

Good. Congrats to anyone who gets money out of Ken. I would be appealing to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service and they state on their site that they do not award compensation unless the local authority has been "frivolous". I could argue they have, but I doubt it would work. I'm still waiting for a reply from the local authority in any case.

You cant just go up to them and say you want compensation.

1) When you receive a parking ticket, contest it. Write your own letter contesting the ticket as well as ticking the boxes on the actual ticket. At the end of your letter state that you will be charging them £50 for this letter if ticket is not cancelled.

2) They will send you a letter back rejecting cancellation of ticket and rejecting your administration costs (note that they cannot "reject" your administration cost)

3) Write another letter stating you want your case seen by adjudicator, (make sure you give them all the facts of the case and highlite the legalities and laws you want to put into action)

NOTE--

This is not being crafty or bending the law. The FACTS will get you off. There is no way that a parking attendant can legally give you a ticket as they will be breaking at least 3 rules under the Road Traffic Act each time they issue you with a ticket.

4) Keep a count of all the letter you write to them. After the adjudicator has seen your case 2 things can happen;

4a) he will reject your case - in which case you can appeal his/her decision and take the matter to court. Write to them and ask that your case be seen by the court and ask for a date. Also do not forget to add administration cost.
HOWEVER, once the court has sent you a date and sent a copy of the letter to the traffic enforcement agency, ie, Transport for London, the enforcement agency WILL contact you and cancel the ticket.

4b) He will accept your appeal and cancel your case.

5) Send a letter to them saying that they owe you money (they cannot say that they cancelled the ticket as that is a seperate case and they have settled - the letter they sent you saying ticket is cancelled)

6) If they reject your claim, go to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and make a claim against them.

7) They will "contest" your claim, however once a court date has been sent to them, they will give up and settle your claim.

HOWEVER - They do take the p*ss, because when they actually give you compensation or any payment it comes from their "Petty Cash", as thats what it says on the cheque. So you can imagine the kind of cash they deal with if 500 quid is petty to them.

Hope this helps, let me know if anyone needs any help.

That's interesting Devil. Apparently, the info on their website says the decision of the adjudicator can only be appealed in certain circumstances. It says you can apply for judicial review only if the adjudicator has interpreted the law incorrectly.

I am confident I have a strong case. In fact, I want the local council to reject my claim so that I can go to an adjudicator and set a precedent, which will be useful to other people.

They really are taking their time. I have sent my second appeal to them and am waiting for them to reply to that.

It never gets that far mate for you to set a precedence. They give up before it gets there. Beleive me i've tried. I've had literally tens of tickets which i've tried to take that far but it never gets there.

devil your a star,

am going to scan the ticket and show you

Back