car mileage ???

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im looking into buying a car.. heard too many stories about people changing the mileage to sell the car at a good price.

Just wanted an advice on:

1. What to look for ?
2. If mileage is being changed can it be tracked by service history ? I mean is there any database where this information can be received. caz some garages can put fake stamps and claim that it is being serviced ???

Please advise :drink:

MOT best way to check

and service if its done from the proper dealer

check the floor mats, if they look very rough/ warn out means normally high millege

cheers for the prompt reply.. will check the above things mentioned.. I know the new MOT's have the mileage record... not sure of the old ones..

do you reckon the service history is in some kinda national database ?

Im looking into buying a car.. heard too many stories about people changing the mileage to sell the car at a good price.

Just wanted an advice on:

1. What to look for ?
2. If mileage is being changed can it be tracked by service history ? I mean is there any database where this information can be received. caz some garages can put fake stamps and claim that it is being serviced ???

Please advise :drink:

the lucky think at the moment is the mot s r computerized and its been over a year now and thats ones hard to play with .. but look very closely at every stamp and the phone numbers r up to date (write area codes) and tell the peeps your buying off that u r going to phone the company's on the stamp and look them in the eyes when u say it m8 . the eyes says everything m8

edit : writing as the others were posting the same thing lol

what car are you buying ?

sometimes its better to spend a little bit more so you know your happy with it

looking to buy a discovery 3.. its alot money so I need to watch everything...

l got a td5 years ago now and travelled 200 miles to get the right one , fingers crossed never spent a penny on it hope u have the same luck m8

check everything out m8 hav a good look at the handbrake lever all pedals steering wheel look out 4 ware & tare on them condition of carpet under matts and most of all under the bonnet,,,check 4 leaks oil/water and hav a good look in wattering bottle and dip stick look out 4 contamination of oil in water looks a white/creamy textured gunge,,,stay clear if u find these m8, n e knoking blue or white smoke its a nono buddy......................................................................... hope u find what u whant buddy and stay clear of the rouges
happy motoring

Always check with a reputable agency that the car is exactly what it says it is, a quick check of Google shows http://www.autocheck.co.uk/ charges £19.99 for a single car check and you can do them for up to £30,000 if there information is incorrect.

I said reputable as I have been done by some guy who advertised in the local paper, he told everybody that the car was clean and took your money, changing the phone number frequently.

Don't let your heart rule the sale, always remember you have to sell the car soon too, make sure there is something in it for you and keep a clear head - celebrate after the deal!

Good luck and enjoy your 4x4.

Spikey

thanks guys, your help is much appreciated..

its really a matter of luck.. we have Arnie Clarks here and they are all robbing bas**ds.. Luckily Land Rover is sold by Taggarts to hope I get a good deal..

check everything out m8 hav a good look at the handbrake lever all pedals steering wheel look out 4 ware & tare on them condition of carpet under matts and most of all under the bonnet,,,check 4 leaks oil/water and hav a good look in wattering bottle and dip stick look out 4 contamination of oil in water looks a white/creamy textured gunge,,,stay clear if u find these m8, n e knoking blue or white smoke its a nono buddy......................................................................... hope u find what u whant buddy and stay clear of the rouges
happy motoring

got to agree to much ware for age??? all the above can be a good give away

geecam

Back