Car leasing

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Advice please on car leasing

Which will arrive this week -- I received an email from the Lease company offering me addons and was wondering if it was worth taking out the full cover £699 ?

LEASE GAP: From as little as £249 you can have TOTAL FINANCIAL protection against the risk of a TOTAL LOSS or INSURANCE WRITE OFF due to THEFT, COLLISION, FIRE or FLOODING. Our product provider (Auto Protect) will manage the claim between your INSURER and FUNDER and pay any potential INSURANCE SHORTFALL and even reimburse a substantial amount back towards a replacement vehicle initial rental. Please be aware that 'Motor Trade' Insurance policy holders are exempt from GAP insurance. Please Note Lease GAP will only cover you for up to 4 Years depending on your Lease term

SELECT PROTECT: From only £299 ‘SMART’ mobile repairs can keep your car looking pristine and eliminate potential ‘hand back’ charges. Minor dents, chips & scratches to the bodywork repaired at your convenience and more substantial damage catered for with £250 towards a body-shop repair. Please Note Select Protect will only cover you for up to 4 Years depending on your Lease term.

ALLOY WHEEL COVER: From only £329 you can have mobile repairs to keep your alloys looking pristine and eliminate potential ‘hand back’ charges. With ALLOY WHEEL COVER you can claim for up to 10 alloy repairs, each to the value of £100 per alloy. That means for a one-off payment of just £329, you can have up to £1,000 of repair works carried out. Please note Alloy Wheel Cover will only cover you for up to 4 years depending on your lease term.

SELECT CARE PACKAGE: From only £699 combines ALL the above

These care packages are a money generating operation.

Then again, some people like belt and braces.

These care packages are a money generating operation.

Then again, some people like belt and braces.
Yes that what I thought at the Lease end feel sure it wouldn't cost that much to get it looked over few paint chips ect cheers

the gap insurance is needed as a car is only market value
if it was written off u get market value not what is left to pay

the gap insurance is needed as a car is only market value
if it was written off u get market value not what is left to pay
Thank you for your response
This is the first time I have gone for leasing a car so not very tuned in and advice is valuable i have taken out fully comprehensive insurance on this car so is that not the same ?
Cheers

the way gap inurance works is it covers any gap between what you owe and that the insurance values the car at market value
say you owe 15k and the car is written off the insurance value the car at 13k
u are left to pay the 2k still owed this is where gap insurance comes in. you can get your own insurance to cover this
u dont need to take the offer from the lease company

Advice please on car leasing

Which will arrive this week -- I received an email from the Lease company offering me addons and was wondering if it was worth taking out the full cover £699 ?

LEASE GAP: From as little as £249 you can have TOTAL FINANCIAL protection against the risk of a TOTAL LOSS or INSURANCE WRITE OFF due to THEFT, COLLISION, FIRE or FLOODING. Our product provider (Auto Protect) will manage the claim between your INSURER and FUNDER and pay any potential INSURANCE SHORTFALL and even reimburse a substantial amount back towards a replacement vehicle initial rental. Please be aware that 'Motor Trade' Insurance policy holders are exempt from GAP insurance. Please Note Lease GAP will only cover you for up to 4 Years depending on your Lease term

SELECT PROTECT: From only £299 ‘SMART’ mobile repairs can keep your car looking pristine and eliminate potential ‘hand back’ charges. Minor dents, chips & scratches to the bodywork repaired at your convenience and more substantial damage catered for with £250 towards a body-shop repair. Please Note Select Protect will only cover you for up to 4 Years depending on your Lease term.

ALLOY WHEEL COVER: From only £329 you can have mobile repairs to keep your alloys looking pristine and eliminate potential ‘hand back’ charges. With ALLOY WHEEL COVER you can claim for up to 10 alloy repairs, each to the value of £100 per alloy. That means for a one-off payment of just £329, you can have up to £1,000 of repair works carried out. Please note Alloy Wheel Cover will only cover you for up to 4 years depending on your lease term.

SELECT CARE PACKAGE: From only £699 combines ALL the above
Hi

If you dont mind what kind of deal as in with the car did you get?

What type of car and how long is lease and what kind of payment per month is this please , Always thought about lease but never really looked into it that much

Hi

If you dont mind what kind of deal as in with the car did you get?

What type of car and how long is lease and what kind of payment per month is this please , Always thought about lease but never really looked into it that much
First time I've gone down the leasing road spent weeks looking. But got a good deal in the end
Nissan Qashqai Hatchback 1.3 DiG-T Acenta Premium
36 months lease annual mileage 6.000 £1,873.68 upfront then £156 per month same car now is £201.45
So pays to shop around. Talking to the fella who delivered the car he was saying majority of cars are kept in compounds so offers come up for cars that are 5 or 12 months old but when leased will be on a 21 plate and 0 miles. Plus cars that will be discontinued you will get good deals on. I have always purchased a new cars but I think leasing is a no brainer. Ie Purchased a car six years ago in Spain for €24.000 it has 33.000 kilometres on the clock not a mark on it be lucky to get €8000

All depends on if you're not bothered it's not your car after 2-3-Or 4 years ? But as everyone knows you never win on cars
Hope this helps

The Lease GAP sounds like a good safety net, especially if your lease is longer. Select Protect might be handy for keeping your car pristine. As for Alloy Wheel Cover, if you're prone to minor mishaps, it could save you in the long run. Just weigh the cost against potential benefits.
@spud1966 @Ferret incoming

Back