car insurance

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
any tips on getting a lower quote

are compare sites cheaper than actually going direct to the insurance site.

I just renewed wifes car 1st may.

quoted 660 i think. went onto churchill site same quote with hire car breakdown etc was over 200 cheaper. on their site when your filling in details theres a question "have you liked us on facebook". I hadn't but ticked yes and their price instantly went down another £30.

Last edited:
I have found it the opposite way sometimes, cheaper on comparison site than the insurance company. Also adding extra drivers on your quote reduces it strangely enough.

We recently insured the mrs car, using compare the market, what I found was if You get a quote to start straight away it was over £200 more than the quote we took which started three days later.

Im with Hastings Direct.

Last month my renwal price came in at 659 pound.
So i did a comaprision check...go compare brought back a quote of £362 from....Hastings.
So i phoned them up and they could not beat that quote over the phone?
So i had to cancel the renewal and start a new policy online....how the hell does that make sense?

That's who we went with that wanted £200 more for immediate start.

It’s a balls ache. Every year I get e renewed quote higher than current even though an extra years no claims bonus. When I cancel they always say let us check and see if we can do something to reduce cost and I say I would prefer you did that before you offer the renewal figure. I seem to change insurance every year for bike, car and home.

Back