Car Insurance :@

mobad

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Right as some of you guys know ive had a provisional license for over 5 years.
Just didn't get the time through studies and work to really get down to having the test.
Any how the time has come for commuting reasons.
I have bought the car and currently insured with me being the policy holder and a 2nd driver.
Total cost at - £770 for 10months bonus fast track with elephant (which at the time was cheapest)

Today, out of curiosity, I decided to see how much it would cost just on my name and its come out with - ecar insurance £592

Is there some mistakes???
£592 for 12 months and im paying £770 for 10 months.
If this turns out to be correct, can I cancel with elephant (still in my 14 days and go with ecar?

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hang on, how old are you?

i recall you bought a honda civic? 1.5?

plus you're on a provisional?

and you got quoted that price??

either thats mistake or insurance companies love you mate lol

im paying over a grand 3rd party fire and theft with 4 years no claims and im 24.

mobad

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Im 23, on a 1.6 Vtec SE Sport. Im the main policy driver, on a provisional but I have a 2nd driver who has had hes license for over 15 years.
Apparantly when I get a full license it will be more then £770 as then I am more at risk, as currently I have to drive with some 1 who has had a lciense for more then 3 years.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
im paying over a grand 3rd party fire and theft with 4 years no claims and im 24.

FFS mate, how many times did I tell you that a Lamborghini Gallardo was not a good purchase!

;)

{{{ Did anyone else get an erection when i said Lamborghini Gallardo? }}}

mobad

DW Member ++
Reaction score
FFS mate, how many times did I tell you that a Lamborghini Gallardo was not a good purchase!

;)

{{{ Did anyone else get an erection when i said Lamborghini Gallardo? }}}

I sure did get exited!!

Jooooles

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Im 30 and I pay £280 fully comp for any car and also my misses under my name with 5 years no claims

however i have a good post code and do less then 5 thou miles a year its kept in a garage etc etc self employed

ahhhhhhhh the never pay out in anyway so fill them with roobarb

stevemac40

Inactive User
Reaction score
hang on, how old are you?

i recall you bought a honda civic? 1.5?

plus you're on a provisional?

and you got quoted that price??

either thats mistake or insurance companies love you mate lol

I think your paying the London premium.

jammoboss

Member ++
Reaction score
i drive a focus 1.8 tdi remapped to 140bhp im 28 (29 in 6 days) and my insurance runs out in aug, been getting quotes and found hastings direct closely followed by swift cover, the cheapest at £340 full comp, with legal cover, car rental, windscreen cover etc, it was a bit less online but i had to inform them of the remapping of the car and it only went up £30 for the year.

its based on age and how long youve held a driving licence these days as i only have 3 years no claims.
i did the quote again and put 1 year ncb and it was basicly the same price.

TEST