Car Insurance?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys if I have a provisional license and im insured on a car as the policy holder, does only the 2nd driver in the car have to be with me for me to drive it or can any driver who has a full UK License be inside the car?

Law is someone who has held their license for 3 years or more with a clean license has to be with you at all times and you have t be insured to drive the car.

Dont think they have to be insured as they are not driving.

just to add to what devil said... the person with you has to be over 21 and sitting in the front passenger seat and not be drunk

and if you read what devil said...full license holder for 3 years, i just added sum extra information

lol yup got the above and I think also I need at all times a L Symbol at all times as well.

Doesn't the accompianing driver also have to have insurance to be able to take over if they should need to?

the other driver HAS to have insurance. he / she dosnt have to be a named driver on the insurance on that car but must be insured to drive any car on thier own policy - this is normal cover on most fully comp insurance. the reason is the driver must be able to take over if the learner is incapacited or there is a diversion on that may put the car on a restricted road such as a motorway. without thier own insurance they cant do this. i found this out some years back when teaching my wife. we got pulled over and the police wanted to see both her insurace and mine to see if i was any vechile cover.

Fooking hell, a two driver car!

All my cars have only ever had 1 set of controls :)

Never drove a push-me-pull-me m8? Two front ends welded together, losts of fun ;) or a double decker, one car on top of another, top1 steers and bottom 1 gears and pedals :banana:

Back