Car crash/ insurance

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd never been in a car bump until several weeks back. It was at a dodgy junction, i went to pull out, but had to slam on, as a car came out of nowhere. The car behind slammed into the back of me. Even though it was quite a bang which shook me up and gave me a sore shoulder (and a bit a whiplash, which came on later) the physical damage was minimal.
Anyway, the guy admitted fault, and offered his details. I declined as i couldn't he arsed lol.
Which got me pondering....
If id taken them and they were false. Or if he'd gone back on his fault admission, where would i have stood regarding a claim? (Third party btw) :)

if they were false details then chances are you would be completely without recourse to do anything - unless by chance in was caught on camera. If he'd gone back on fault admission then i would presume a lengthy legal battle would ensue - but this would depend on what you/they are trying to claim for - below a certain amount the insurance provider would just pay out on a non fault basis for both parties.

You should always write the number plate down, your insurance company will then track the owner down if they have given you false details.

Even if he had retracted his admission the insurance company would still find him at fault as he went into the back of you.

You are entitled to make an emergency stop, he should either have been more aware or not driving so close

You should always write the number plate down, your insurance company will then track the owner down if they have given you false details.

Even if he had retracted his admission the insurance company would still find him at fault as he went into the back of you.

You are entitled to make an emergency stop, he should either have been more aware or not driving so close
Don't think it's so cut and dried as that anymore. Too many scammers deliberately causing accidents that way for a decision to be automatic.
Well at least I hope so.

" a car came out of nowhere "...Lol
Was it a Delorean? With a flux capacitor..lol 😉

" a car came out of nowhere "...Lol
Was it a Delorean? With a flux capacitor..lol 😉

Nowhere is actually a place in Australia, long way to come from to a junction tbh.

As for where you stand, there is an uninsured drivers things that you can sometimes get. I cannot remember the name of it though.

Lol it didn't quite come from nowhere. At the junction
Nowhere is actually a place in Australia, long way to come from to a junction tbh.

As for where you stand, there is an uninsured drivers things that you can sometimes get. I cannot remember the name of it though.
I've heard of that, but I thought it was for uninsured people who caused a crash, but they had to be on benefits?

below a certain amount the insurance provider would just pay out on a non fault basis for both parties.
They would pay out on a 50/50 basis and it would be seen as a fault claim for both parties.

I've heard of insurers going 50/50 even when the person that caused the fault has admitted it to the insurance company, purely because it's the same company that covers both drivers.

That way, they can charge you both more when the renewal comes up.

They would pay out on a 50/50 basis and it would be seen as a fault claim for both parties.

I've heard of insurers going 50/50 even when the person that caused the fault has admitted it to the insurance company, purely because it's the same company that covers both drivers.

That way, they can charge you both more when the renewal comes up.

You cannot admit anything. And you cannot accept responsibility. Only your insurer can admit liability and claim responsibility

Your insurance will go up more for a non fault claim than it will for a fault claim believe it or not

MIB - they deal with uninsured claims and untraced drivers claims

If you're ever involved in an accident best thing to do is take pictures on your mobile phones...

Back