car body repairs

heres the quotes he got which i find ridiculous.

(The first two came highly recomended by a friend of mine who works in the motor trade)

Alspray LtdPrice to fix- £280 Contact- AlanWebsite- www.alspray.co.uk1 Stepney Road,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
NE1 2PZTel: 0191 2332711
He said that would heat and push the bumper out and if there was still any crease etc he would fill it with a special resin/ straighten up the metal bashed in part and do the same with the dint in the quarter panel/ after all of the area has been straightened to look like new he will sppray the whole area. Please have a look at his website as it shows his work, really good.

G F Body RepairsPrice to Fix- £180 Contact- Gordon8, Back Goldspink Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE2 1NU 
Tel: 0191 2614477He said he would starighten all of the metal parts out and take all of the dints out/ repair the bumper and take out the crease and re spray the area.

UPTIN MOTORSPrice to Fix-£300 Uptin House, Stepney Rd,
Shieldfield,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
Tyne and Wear
NE2 1TZTel: 0191 2328753He said pretty much the same as everyone else that he would take the bumpes out of all panels and the bumper and fill if needed and then re spray the whole area and pill the side of the bumper back in.

RS BodyworkPrice to fix- £120 20 Back Lane,Sandyford,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE21NU07821648098 He said exactly the same as the last one that he would heat the bumper and pull back into shape and take out the dents etc, then re spray the whole area.

Tully Body RepairsPrice to Fix- £250 31, Back Heaton Rd, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE6 1SA 
Tel: 0191 2766422He said he would take top panel off and beat out and straighten up the quarter panel, heat up the crease on the bumper and push back out/ pull gaping part of bumper back in and re spray the whole area.

I did also get other quotes from more garges but they were around the £150 to £300 mark and the ones i have shown above are good garges who i think would do a really good job. Also pretty much all of the garages said that the bumper was sticking out on the side due to the clips being pushed out and they can be replaced or put back in easily. Please let me know your thoughts and i can get some money over to you staright way, also feel free to call the garages yourself.

well i went to the top 4 garages today and they were shut, that is no good for me as i work 5-7 days a week and would need the work done at weekend. how much would you take off him?

Last edited:
If they come as standered then no, If there additions you have added your self then yes.

Probbley will come and check mate, and your best of browwing stellies from some one as theres a good chance they will try and use anything thats not right to get out paying for the damage!

Back