Sensible Topic Car accident 3 years protective court proceedings

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister in law was in a bad enough crash few year back, to be exact it was 3 years ago. The accident was the other guys fault and there were no serious injuries just long niggling injuries which she is still be treated for right now arm neck hip soft tissue ligament tendon injuries.

Because it's getting on for nearly 3 years since the accident this week she received a letter from her Solicitors regarding, "Protective Court Proceedings". They are requesting all sorts of personal income details for both her and her husband. She phoned her Solictors and was told by them just to fill as it's all straight forward formality and stuff and nothing to worry about .
Can someone please explain what it all entails ? Is the case heading for court ?

If Her Solicitor isn't trying to get silly money from the other party and they've accepted responsibility it shouldn't go to court. I know when the Mrs had a whiplash claim for £4k it was all dealt with through the post.

I'm not sure about silly money, I dont think thats the case. I'm sure they offered a few grand but it's stretched on and on is because of the ongoing treatment and the final outcome of her injuries. I do also know the 3rd party have admitted liability so I cannot see it going to court

If they admitted it, it should be cut and dried, simply a case of the solicitors bickering about the amount so they make more money probably.

I must admit 3 years is a long time, it could be because of ongoing injuries. I know the the Mrs was sorted out in less than 12 months.

If her solicitors are saying fill it out then do so as they are working for her

Back