DVB - PC Cards Can't update firmware on blue zeta cam

neathdrew

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Got a Technotrend premium dvb-c rev 2.1 with CI module. had it running fine and with AU using software cam fenir and yankse in MyTheatre.

Thought i'd try a hardcam and got a blue zeta cam as i read you could program with jokercam firmware. read the tuts been trying for a couple of days.
Managed to flash the firmware onto a fun 5 but i can't reprogram the cam. the application (MyTheatre) is seeing the cam and i'm getting options to update from smasrtcard

View attachment 25249

and after choosing option 2 gives me

View attachment 25250

but after restart nothing......in mytheatre, tried other applications but no joy. and this is using only blue zetacam firmware, trying jokercam 0.78, 0.79 older firmware 0.64 there's nothing...

i read that it may take a cas 2 programmer to change the cams firmware,

i've been trying now for days and am really pi**ed off, the only thing i'm not sure about is in nozzers tut he says ird must be on...not sure how to do this

"Procedure:

To load the CAM firmware u need a FunCard4 or FunCardV5

You have to load the firm with the IRD switched on and the CAM inside the CI slot."

any ideas pleeeeeease........

thanks -

try this mate , plug the jtag connector into the back of the cas 2 , then put it in the cam as to make a connection , wen u use cas studio click on the joker cam and then click connect u will know wen u have it connected proply as it will say somethin on screen , cant remember wat it is as havent done one in a while , then browse for the file that i have just sent u , then click on wat it tells u to , although the file is named full x , its working on sv xxx on my blueice and blackice cam and also a freinds joker cam , one of the files is workin perfectly , just cant remember which one , but neither will damage the cam

Last edited:
try this mate , plug the jtag connector into the back of the cas 2 , then put it in the cam as to make a connection , wen u use cas studio click on the joker cam and then click connect u will know wen u have it connected proply as it will saysomethin on screen , cant remember wat it is as havent done one in a while , then browse for the file that i have justsent u , then click on wat it tells u to , although the file is named full x , its working on sv xxx on my blueice and blackice cam and also a freinds joker cam , i think this is the right file i have another , but cant find it at the min , i will keep lookin just in case this is the wrong one

thanks for the reply m8 but at the mo trying to change firmware on cam by fun 5, i ain't got a cas 2 programmer, but i may have to get one.....

cheers for reply

ok m8 no probs , mite b a totally diff situation to one i was in or could be the same , i found wen i tried to update via fun card , and had the cam in my sat reciever , when i done the first part ie put the card in and got the option screen as you did in ur first pic , then chose option 2 , then got as far as u did with pic 2 , after restarting the reciever the cam was stuck in a initializing loop , and the only way that i could get it to do anything was to load in the file via a cas 2 .

hopefully there may be someone else who has the same setup as u do and can advise you a bit better than i can

hope u get it sorted m8 , all the best

Last edited:
To reflash full firmware on the joker/zeta (to change it to an alternative cam) you will need a cas2 programmer and also the additional jtag adaptor, and some patience learning the exact sweet spot for it ;). Funcards will only be for updating sections of the memory.

To reflash full firmware on the joker/zeta (to change it to an alternative cam) you will need a cas2 programmer and also the additional jtag adaptor, and some patience learning the exact sweet spot for it ;). Funcards will only be for updating sections of the memory.

ok thanks - time to get a cas 2 then...don't know of any tuts around, do you?

cheers

Send me the cam and I'll flash it for you
Send a fun 4 as well and I'll program the whole lot for ya
PM me if you're interested
Either that or you can buy my cas2 if you want for £30 inc postage

Back