cant sign into google

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - my daughter gave me her google pixel xkl because it had some problem , i done a factory hard reset on the phone and it has fixed the problem, since then she has bought a new phone and told me to keep this. when i start the phone i cannot login into my google accounr, i know the password is correct because i can login on my laptop, when i try on the pixel i get an error message "cannot sign into this device due to password change - please try again in 24Hrs" something like that...what is that all about ?..any advice or help..need to use phone..

as this was your daughters mobile, could this be related to emi number of the mobile registered to her account

"cannot sign into this device due to password change - please try again in 24Hrs"
Well documented in Google JB. Please note that each time you enter your details the clock starts ticking again ;)
Best turn it off for 24 hrs and enter your daughters' details to unlock

Is it a sort of security thing like iPhones have? If your daughter logs back in with her account, maybe there is a setting which you can disable, to allow another login?

yes i think its a security thing.. , i dont think that is an issue, she bought the phone from ee shop in birmingham city centre, i phoned her and asked her about her gmail details, typical teenager couldnt remember..lol, as she has many gmail accounts......anyway, i created a new gmail account and its allowed me to sign in now...now my next problem is that i cant update to oreo 8.0 ,downloads the 950.MB update but wont install..wonder if its gmail related thats stopping it..upgrading to oreo 8.0?

Back