Cant locate old save files

siddler

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi....I recently upgraded my OP system from Win XP Pro to Vista and during the upgrade it stated it was saving my old information.

The computer works fine with the Vista upgrade and to save disk space I wish to delete the old saved files...
the problem is I cant find them...any ideas please.....Thanks

siddler

Hi....I recently upgraded my OP system from Win XP Pro to Vista and during the upgrade it stated it was saving my old information.

The computer works fine with the Vista upgrade and to save disk space I wish to delete the old saved files...

siddler
i went from xp to vista ultimate and when it finished there was a folder, cant remember if it was on my desktop or in documents though, with all my old stuff in so it did save them but i cant remember what it was called

i went from xp to vista ultimate and when it finished there was a folder, cant remember if it was on my desktop or in documents though, with all my old stuff in so it did save them but i cant remember what it was called

Good to see you managed it but as far as I know it is XP Pro to Vista that seems to have the problem mentioned.

siddler

would a data recovery program work? ie getdataback

Good to see you managed it but as far as I know it is XP Pro to Vista that seems to have the problem mentioned.

thought it might be across the range cos a few posts in the link mention vista premium>ultimate and another xp media centre, may be just hit & miss

have u tried running a search for one of the old files?

when it finds it it will also show you the path to locate it and all the other files should be there

Yes a recovery program like Active@recovery would find your files.

Time and time again people still don't backup data and regret after upgrade of software. lol

Old Files

This link will not give you a sense of getting the problem sorted but it will telll you that there seems to be a big problem related to your upgrade and lost information. Such that microsoft does not know how to resolve it.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2848878&SiteID=17

Hope you mange to get where you need to without to much hassle.
Hi...Thanks for info...still cant find them,I may have deleted them when I did a disk clean up.

Thanks siddler

Old Files

Yes a recovery program like Active@recovery would find your files.

Time and time again people still don't backup data and regret after upgrade of software. lol
Hi...I have a complete Image I made before the upgrade using Paragon drive copy...I just wanted to delete he old files after the converision.

Thanks siddler:Clap:

Yeah the issue is not very clear if MS makes the copy or does'nt and MS are not owning up to it as per usual. According to info thay have 2 guys working on it! So much for their support and concerns for the customer!

Back