Can't get Wii Clip to work

shiva

Inactive User
Reaction score
Last nite I tried to fit my d2cpro chip to the wii using the wii clip. Unfortuatly couldn't get the dam thing to work. The wii just kept saying it could not read the discs. even the originals. I tried resoldering the chip to the clip and pushing the clip as hard as possible, no luck yet it did play originals until i pushed harder and again unable to read discs.

Has anyone had similar probs or am i just a numpty ??

help please !!!!!!!!! :Doc:

Remove it and see if you have bent any of the Wii's pins, you may be shorting them if you have.

Yes like Oggy said you could have legs touching now or if you have pushed to hard they may have even come loose at the base of the leg and need resoldering either way you can check this with a mutli meter or get a the pont of a small craft knife and if the legs are together moved them apart and also give the legs a gentle push with the tip of the blade to see if there is any movement where it is soldered to the board

Yes like Oggy said you could have legs touching now or if you have pushed to hard they may have even come loose at the base of the leg and need resoldering either way you can check this with a mutli meter or get a the pont of a small craft knife and if the legs are together moved them apart and also give the legs a gentle push with the tip of the blade to see if there is any movement where it is soldered to the board

Sorry, I may not have made myself clear, The wii works fine without the clip, so its got to be either the clip, my soldering or ?? not sure

Ive not seen under the 'clip', if possible, check for continuity between the solder 'spot' and corresponding pin using a multimeter.

Are you sure its on the right way around?

some pics here of the clip and under it

hXXp://www.wii-clip.com/V4_for_D2pro.htm

some pics here of the clip and under it

hXXp://www.wii-clip.com/V4_for_D2pro.htm

I'm not sure whats going on here, OK I thought all I had to do was solder the chip to the clip and then whack it onto the chip on wii, Don't tell me that thers more please, I shite my self just doing that lol...

it may have come with four wires if you wish to play ntsc games these need soldering as well but only if you are going to play ntsc games

for PAL patching it says leave jp1 open but close JP2

and then give another go

Back