cant get sniffer to track macs

DR HANNIBAL

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive downloaded DHCP force and started sniffing left it running for two days and got nothing. i am useing irish broadband would this be the reason for getting nothing, do i have to use a cable modem and if so can i use one that hasnt been cloned yet. any help or advice would be appreciated. we all have to learn.:grab:

Dont forget you cant use a router when using DHCPforce, you must be connected directly to the modem.

Dean

Setup

Not a sure what your setup is, If You are on adsl (phone line) as opposed to Cable I'm not sure you wud get any ntl macs.

Get someone who has an "NTL subbed modem" on cable broadband to scan for you.

You also need to know what system You use Docsis or Davic ( or if its a differn't setup from here) freq, annex a or b for tuner look at the setup of a subbed cable modem (NTL or AOL) while its online by going to 192.168.100.1 take a note of settings.

Get a few macs and the its a matter of seeing what works on your UBR.

Last edited:
Not a sure what your setup is, If You are on adsl (phone line) as opposed to Cable I'm not sure you wud get any ntl macs.

You also need to know what system You use Docsis or Davic ( or if its a differn't setup from here) freq, annex a or b for tuner look at the setup of a subbed cable modem (NTL or AOL) while its online by going to 192.168.100.1 take a note of settings.

thanks m8 for your help

i went into it and the ip address is 89.124.131.40 subnet mask is255.255.254.0 default freg is89.124.130.1

yes m8 you can sniff with a subbed modem that hasn't been cloned
when you say a subbed modem does that mean someone who has a cable modem thats running legigitimately, or can i plug in a modem that i got off someone that was dissconected and plug that in and start sniffing on that. sorry about the stupid questions but im 100% new to this.

i have avg free spyware on the computer would i have to uninstall that or is there any other way of dissabling it tempoarily

Anything to do with security should show a icon on the taskbar (next to clock) you will be able to right click on icons and choose to exit/disable or watever it says.

Hover your mouse pointer over the top of icons and leave pointer there until it shows a balloon popup with the 'item description'

Saying all that you may have some other software running silently that has no icon on the taskbar. Goto task manager, process list and report back here everything in there.

Back