cant flash!

diamondg

Inactive User
Reaction score
trying to flash new image to box with flash fxp but it is always coming up "no route to host"i am definitely using the right i.p adress and flashed an image to the box last night and also messed around with it a little(trying buttons etc)could i have turned something off that needs to be on to accept flash or do we reckon its a flash fxp problem,if so can anyone recommend a flasher......and we dont want any rude jokes here!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you use ifa it's the easiest way to flash a box. also for flash fxp if you changed the image last night theres a good chance that the ip of the box is different now

checked the ip before i done it today so using the correct adress i will try ifa though,thanks for the help

is it possible to use image flashing assistant with a rj45 crossover cable as i do not have a nullmodem cable as requested in the opening screen on ifa,if it is can someone give me a few pointers...cheers

I have read many posts stating that a null modem is not needed to flash (I induced a Kein System error just to try this- glutton for punishment, I know!) and had no success at all with just a crossover. I must have tried over 30 times to power cycle the damn thing without any joy. I went and bought a null modem cable, used this alongside crossover and on second attempt, IFA worked its magic. Cost me £7 from Maplins, but well worth it.

I always said that the null modem cable increases your chances of getting IFA to flash but nobody listened lol. I recommend a null modem cable for at least newbies - especially when you can pick them up for £2.99 on eBay.

I have now got IFA working without the null modem cable but its like your working in the dark, and you never no whether it'll kick in or not. At least with the cable you can actually see a bootlog on screen whilst doing it.

I borrowed my first null modem cable and always used it on a flash. Then having nothing to do this week, decided to try getting out of Kein System after reading numerous posts and the difficulty that can be had.

I admit, I gave the cable back to my mate some time ago and dead easy to induce Kein system, was stuck with just a crossover to recover from it. But, lesson learned. Top marks to you Liam for getting it to work.

cheers lads so basically a null modem cable is needed i went to a pc shop in town and they looked at me like i had two heads when i asked for a null modem cable when i explained what it looked like they kindly told me they dont sell outdated stuff!i will get one on e bay,got flash fxp working again though,grand....though still not solved the problem(lack of picture and sound )all channels are there but only freeview getting pics and sounds?

Back