Cant flash FWZ image files!

S

Speedy2206

Never thought i'd be asking a question like this already lol.
Anywayz, got a box here, but it wont flash with FlashWizard PRO.

I've tried both 5.0 and 6.0 RC1 (BETA).

The box can manually flash standard. IMG files perfectly; FTP works,
telnet works, web interface works, so nothing wrong with network
or connections.

FlashWizard PRO goes through all the processes and actually looks
as if its going to work; but then it gets to the "dreambox reboot"
message, and I press OK, and nothing happens.

FWZ images just wont flash :(
Is there something really simple I'm not doing ? lol.
As most of the images on here are FWZ!

Cheers
Liam

you must unplug from mains
and when you plug in again you will have to wait may take up to 2 mins to reboot when you here the wooshing sound you know you are there

OK so at which point do I unplug from mains? When I get the message? and then do I plug straight back in again or wait for a minute or so...

as for the gemini 1.05 liam the only way i could get that to flash was using universal dreamup. have you tried that?

Problem.... universal dreamup wont flash FWZ files arghh!

liamcrayden said:
Never thought i'd be asking a question like this already lol.
Anywayz, got a box here, but it wont flash with FlashWizard PRO.

I've tried both 5.0 and 6.0 RC1 (BETA).

The box can manually flash standard. IMG files perfectly; FTP works,
telnet works, web interface works, so nothing wrong with network
or connections.

FlashWizard PRO goes through all the processes and actually looks
as if its going to work; but then it gets to the "dreambox reboot"
message, and I press OK, and nothing happens.

FWZ images just wont flash :(
Is there something really simple I'm not doing ? lol.
As most of the images on here are FWZ!

Cheers
Liam

No mate you are doing everything right, the backupimages the reboot cannot be sent via the image so you have to click 'ok' in Flashwizrd and then unplug the power from the box, plug back in and it'll reboot with the backup image. Can take upto 2 minutes but normally within 30 seconds.

It's only .img images that will do a reboot from Flashwizard. Also as you have found you cannot use dreamup to flash backups only images. Also for future ref remember that a backup image will also contain the IP address as set by the person who created it so if you reboot first thing to always set is the IP on the box.

OK just done that, thanx.
The problem now is that the new image does not get flashed.... it just comes straight back up with the old one, as if nothing was ever transferred to the box.

Must be having a bad day.
Liam

liamcrayden said:
OK just done that, thanx.
The problem now is that the new image does not get flashed.... it just comes straight back up with the old one, as if nothing was ever transferred to the box.

Must be having a bad day.
Liam

You may need to wait a few second with the power supply removed, I have only had this once with Neutrino > Gemini but if you remove power for 10/15 secs it should boot the new image.

Also I am not 100% sure if you need to initially use a 'real' image rather than a backup but from the sound of things your already up & running.

Cheers to everyone, got it up and running now. Just slightly confusing at first. It would be better for the software to actually give some sort of user confirmation and better to follow dialogs...

Just put on the neutrino image and taking a look at that first.
Liam

liamcrayden said:
Just put on the neutrino image and taking a look at that first.
Liam

Enjoy.... the web interface is a little lame but the EPG is much better than Gemini and Hydra & P2 are better than Gemini but in terms of looks you cannot beat the Neutrino

OK i tried the Neutrino and didnt really know what to think of it really... so i'm going to mod it. Will post in a couple of hours. After that I will move on to Gemini, Hydra, and P2. And then we can begin making our very own :)

Liam

hi mate
what i have found is that when i had similar prob, i flashed it using serial loader with image file,then i used fwz file of the same type on top.
i also read that some different file cannot be loaded successfully.

Back