cant flash dm500s Pease help!!!

Jtag is a method of connecting a serial adaptor to the internal circuit board, you basically solder wires to certain positions on the circuit board, it's a last resort. Try a couple of different versions of dreamup first to eliminate that as the problem. You say you've used this method before successfully? Have you changed anything at all with your set up?

this dreamup has never let me down once in all the years lv been playing

Attachments

• DreamUP_1_3_3_2.rar
    795.8 KB · Views: 29
Jtag is a method of connecting a serial adaptor to the internal circuit board, you basically solder wires to certain positions on the circuit board, it's a last resort. Try a couple of different versions of dreamup first to eliminate that as the problem. You say you've used this method before successfully? Have you changed anything at all with your set up?

nope, not changed any settings at all

Ok, try a few versions of dreamup, including the one Smirnoff posted for you and we'll take it from there.

Ok try this, go to device manager on your pc, highlight the serial port you are using and right click, then click uninstall. Restart your pc then reconnect your dm, don't worry, the port will automatically restart.

The image upload aborted problem normally occurs if you try to flash a clone with a version of dreamup newer than 1.3.3.4. It should work with 1.3.3.4 and a known working null modem cable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ok il give that a go beechtree fnx. gsmteh i'v tried all the versions of dreamUp that exist...LOL...but no luck

Ok try this, go to device manager on your pc, highlight the serial port you are using and right click, then click uninstall. Restart your pc then reconnect your dm, don't worry, the port will automatically restart.

Ok il give that a go beechtree fnx. gsmteh i'v tried all the versions of dreamUp that exist...LOL...but no luck

also make sure the coms port and dreamup are on same port number

did you ever get a fix for this as i am having the same problem trying to revive my old 500s ,I think the problem is you cant flash erase the old one before trying to reflash is there another way around this?

more info clone original image you flashing with what method?

yes sorry its a clone and was trying japher flasher with null modem cable and it was the latest commando 15.1e , i have the same problem as the original poster in that the box will not come out of standby but if you use a patched dream up you can get the flash button to work but the message comes up that the file is to big hence why i think it would need to be flash erased first hope this helps

is there any way that i could erase the flash memory besides using dream up

never had an issue either way flash erase or not just works

Tried erase img 500 as well and still comes up with file to big :( Not sure what i could try next

what version of dreamup you using?

is it modded version 1.3.3.4 if so works fine here

Back