cant edit details on mmc---tm9100

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i am using a dsteam image installed to mmc about a week ago i installed a cam which totally screwed my setup up i could not access through ftp or http so i put the mmc in a card reader on a linux pc and deleted the cam manually and got everything running again only prob is now i cant edit files on the mmc as i dont have the permissions im assuming this happeded when i used the pc with the mmc ive checked chmod as i though i may have changed the properties is there anyway of fixing this short of that i may have to reinstall which i dont fancy as everything is running perfect, any help is appreciated thanks.

this is the log i get in cuteftp when i rename anything

COMMAND:> [06/05/2008 12:47:26] RNFR /var/scce
[06/05/2008 12:47:26] 350 Ready for RNTO.
COMMAND:> [06/05/2008 12:47:26] RNTO /var/scce1
[06/05/2008 12:47:26] 550 Rename failed.
ERROR:> [06/05/2008 12:47:26] Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

Last edited:
can anyone help with this, is there anyway i could of changed to administrator only when i put the card in the pc if so is there anyway to change them back i can view the files but not edit them, thanks.

you should be able to format it in the receiver marra m8, then put it back in pc and use i-boot to try and install images etc onto it m8

cheers krazy i was hoping i wouldnt have to loose the setup i have allready have believe it or not its rock solid 1st image ive had on my tm9100 thats thats not had random crashes lol, thanks m8 think i may have to start from scratch all the same.

i had ds3.4 installed directly into the flash m8 and it was rock solid for the few days i used it...but box was already sold so had to let it go:(

try it in the flash you might be suprised m8;)

cheers krazy will have a go tomorrow i didnt realise theres a 3.6 now so i might have a go at that its supposed to be super stable lol, i think i tried 3.4 in flash before as have ive never used iboot but i did have a hard drive in 3 i went through (im assuming it was a temp problem) before i gave up with them and went to mmc since then this is my only prob that ive had still if it dont work i can always go back i suppose.

any idea what the difference is between Ds-cvs and the ds image, both from the same team both released on the same day

Last edited:
will both be more or less the same just using different cvs source code to compile the image i'd say m8....make sure you get the normal or super to match your receiver tho m8.

i had a 80gig(5400) seagate in mine and that was spot on marra m8

nice one krazy mines a 9100 (not super) if i remember right i may have got mine the same time as you about 12 month back they have there knockers but i like it but i have just got a dream500s which im really into think ill stick to dreams in the future think ill try another hdd though i had a 80,40,10 all popped in roughly a month, cheers m8

hi again, flashed the new ds 3.6 image can anyone tell me how i go about formating the sd card in the reciever as my comp is taking the mick, thanks.

for some reason it wont show up in partition magic 8 this is how ive done it in the past and gparted on my linux pc is also now taking the mick im begining to think the sd card as died but its pretty new so im in 2 minds

Last edited:
cheers krazy will have a look to behonest ive sorted it now ds-cvs 28/3/08 in flash then ds3.6 over the top everything back up now but i will still take a look at that, cheers again krazy i appreciate it.

Back