can't decide which modchip to purchase

rajaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title says i can't decide on which modchip to purchase. I need a d2c modchip and not sure whether to buy d2ckey, d2cpro,argon or the new wasabis. I'm looking for a solderless modchip ie the ones which are already soldered to the pcb flex and just need to be clipped on to the chip..

Any suggestions would be appreciated along with why you think its better. I'm leaning towards the d2ckey at the moment but dont know anything about the argon.

Which one works the best?

my personal preferance is teh argon, and i have bought and sold and installed loads of these.

they all work the same, as they all allow machine to play your back-ups.

all you need to think about is: are they future proof?
argon can be updated via jtag very easily.

Why not go for the Homebrew method and install a YAOSM or similar PIC solution?

Much more satisfaction programming and installing your own chip.

Although you can't use them on the newer chipsets. :(

Why not go for the Homebrew method and install a YAOSM or similar PIC solution?

Much more satisfaction programming and installing your own chip.

Although you can't use them on the newer chipsets. :(

lol wish i knew what you meant :proud:..

thats only for the older wiis bud....you could get a eeprom or pic chip and programm it with the software availiable, then simple few wire install.....simple cheap solution which works very well.....but you stated you need a d2c mod, so forget what was said....lol....

As the title says i can't decide on which modchip to purchase. I need a d2c modchip and not sure whether to buy d2ckey, d2cpro,argon or the new wasabis. I'm looking for a solderless modchip ie the ones which are already soldered to the pcb flex and just need to be clipped on to the chip..

Any suggestions would be appreciated along with why you think its better. I'm leaning towards the d2ckey at the moment but dont know anything about the argon.

Which one works the best?

I would say What is your serial number to find out the chipset and then we can make a decent choice.

thanks for the feedback guys.. i will put on my serial eventually lol.. just havent got round to looking at it yet.

what do you think of the wasabi chips?

h**p://www.futuravideogames.co.uk/e-tienda/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/14095/name/modchip+wasabi+wii+(dms+d2a+d2b+/+d2c)/

I think thats the best option due to being able to update the firmware via cd. Whats your opinion on that one?

You have to remember, CD/DVD updares can only patch the firmware - convenient but limited.

So far it hasnt really been an issue but with the newer D2C2 mods, resellers are pleased to have Argons (if they ever release the update) as they can update old stock.

stick with Argon or D2pro9

they both work very well and jtag updatable (Awesome!)

Dont no to much about these wii chips but I've been asked
to fit a solderless one,

Was reading on a site that the d2ckey isnt updatable but will probably never need
updating anyway ,something to do with the number of wires it uses,

Is that right or would I be better to get and argon or a d2cpro
which do allow updating

As I said this is a first for me and am going to go along with
any recommendations you peeps have

alright guys been a while since i've been on this forum(mostly cos i've been on hol :p), i've still not bought a chip due to various reasons but mostly becuase i wanted to see the wasabi reviews before buying.. i still havent got anywhere lol..

my wii serial entered on the nintendo-scene serial checker says pins most likely not cut.. its a d2c model..as below.

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

i dont like the fact that a jtag is required to program it.. much rather from dvd as the wasabi.. what you ppl think???

wii chips the argon v1.8 and also the wasabi on http://wii-repairs.com/osc/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=0835906c357ee1fb1b3b730ae64023b3

and price not bad.

decided and went for the above argon 1.8.. and the speed with which it was sent was unbelieavble i order on a monday around 4pm and by 9am in the morning the next day i had it!!!!!.. now thats service i gotta say awesome :)..

its fitted just need to test some games now :p.

Back