cant beleive how easy the hitchi`s are to flash

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just as above never had it so easy now its been a while since i flashed a console and its so much easyer ,the first i ever did was a sammy and that was pretty simple but the hitachi`s are a piss easy

My first one was a hitachi, very easy. My most recent one was my second drive, a sammy I was a bit nervous with that one at first but after I did it I found that easier, well less hassle. It's a confidence thing, after you done it once the unknown factor is gone and it seems easier after that.

Ive been told to avoid the hitachi because there a bit trouble and go for the sammy are benq so you just must be a smart fellow lol :proud:

If always found Hitachi's the best.

you cant go wrong once youv got the drive in mode b its all straight forward

LOL.... my sentiments exactly oggy ;)

As I said in another thread and probably in many others too... all hitachis are very easy to do with the exception of the v79 which is a pig

Bit of trial and error with slax and mode b is your oyster :) Hitachis are easy, but then so are benq and sammys when ya done a few, and to be honest, I would rather have a sammy or benq drive, hitachis are poo pants with certain types of disks, if my 2 were hitachis (thank god they aint, both sammys) I would spoof as soon as they started playing up to sammys, user choice I know, but from experience, hitachis always seem to play up more :p

I've never once put a hitachi into mode b using anything other than the 2 wire trick lol. Dont know why peeps think its hairy stuff doing it that way... takes 2 seconds works first time every time and you'd have to be pretty unlucky or very dumb to screw your drive up doing it this way.... by far the easiest method with the hitachis me thinks ;)

my first was hitachi which was very easy and i rate sammy and benq the same

I've never once put a hitachi into mode b using anything other than the 2 wire trick lol. Dont know why peeps think its hairy stuff doing it that way... takes 2 seconds works first time every time and you'd have to be pretty unlucky or very dumb to screw your drive up doing it this way.... by far the easiest method with the hitachis me thinks ;)

Even v78's? ;)

lol you love them sticky sammys dont ya oggy :Biggrin2:

Even v78's? ;)

Never really done too many of those to be honest but you're right...I didnt 2 wire them lol... I got just as lazy with them though and followed the video tutorial lol

i done a 78 last week that was the first time i had done the hitachis were they supposed to be more akward like?

lol you love them sticky sammys dont ya oggy :Biggrin2:

?????? - This is about Hitachi's WTF are you talking about? :)

Anyways, MX - 78's have to be put in modeb with Slax or have the TSOP removed - thats how I know you didnt 2 wire it.

Anyways, MX - 78's have to be put in modeb with Slax or have the TSOP removed - thats how I know you didnt 2 wire it.

I know mate... I followed the video tutorial which uses slax :)

Only ever tried flashing 2 360's 1st one was a Samsung MS28, tried flashing it with the recommended VIA chipset Pci card and iprep bootable USB stick, backed up the original firmware fine but for some reason failed when halfway through the flash and bricked the drive...I couldnt be bothered to try and fix it as the console was only about a week old, returned it and got it swapped.
Replacement console had a Hitachi 78FK drive, no problems at all flashing this went into modeB 1st time with SLAX and backup/patch and flash with maximus firmware toolkit 4..62 all went smoothly worked 1st time with the same VIA pci card that I tried with the sammy..
The Hitachis now running ixtreme 1.4 at x8 speed, only tried ridisc media yet burnt at 2.4x on a pioneer 111D works fine on my backups of GTA IV and Race Driver Grid.
The Hitachi was definitely easier to flash the the Samsung, none of this 10 second trick timing business...

Back