cannot get into my dbox2

ok guys, im back, managed to connect to my dbox, turned out that the crossover cable was faulty, bought a new one and got into it, now for my next problem, please bear with me as i am a novice....ive decided to do a manual service scan to find the channels, but im stuck on the bit where it says "cable provider" mine is highlighted by "BRUTEFORCE" and i cannot change it to "CABLEUK SYM6952" which is what i need ithink, the tutorial mentions something about getting modified cables.xml file,, any idea where i can get this from, any help guys ?

bruteforce is the best option
choose leave existing or keep existing bouquets
fastscan off
takes about 20 to 30 mins
finds transponders first then channels in the last 10 mins usually.
Hope this helps.

get in box

first conect box to pc with crossover cable
then start up box then dbox----setting......network...this will give you setting of your box
now go to pc
control panel,network conections double click.your local area conection diologue panel will open scroll down to internet protocol tcp.ip right click ,properties,panel opens chose use this ip use this dns .type inyour details as above not forgetting to use one digit less ie if your ip ends 200,then use 199.
once this is done,open flash fxp,look for golden flash looks like lightening,click,quick conect,put your details in here full ip ie 200,not 199put password...dbox...user name ..root,click conect it should open up.look for temp folder click on it,put your image in there,drag and dropyou should see it going across,
now back to dbox
dbox....sevices....it will say something like image update/backup,scroll down to here,press okflash read write ok,scroll down to write one partitionclick on it,scroll down to flash without bootloader,click
then ok maybe red button
you should now see flashing screen,give it a min or so,thats it new image on,now just do chanel scan,watch tv
easy innit
good luck happy viewing

hope theres not too many mistakes here just got in from pub

Back