Cannot Ftp

Priesy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm using the Commando 7.5 image but for some reason i can't ftp the box

I have another box with commando 6 which i can access no problem

I have recently ftp'd the 7.5 imaged box Is it possible i may have altered something in

the box settings ?

I'm using root and commando to try to access but i keep getting time out connections
Cheers and TIA

The ip address will have changed when you flashed commando 7.5.

Goto DBOX > SETTINGS > NETWORK and change the ip address to suit your network (or make it the same as commando 6). Remember to save settings and restart network for the changes to take effect.

The default ip address for commando 7.5 is 192.168.150.5 so you will have to change the .150.5 section and not just the last range.

The ip address will have changed when you flashed commando 7.5.

I have already changed the ip and have successfully ftp'd the box while using

Commando 7.5 image to reload the keys and services and i have checked and the

ip is still in range of my pc network card

Have you recently connected the dbox to a router or hub or adjusted the settings on your FTP client?

You could flash it again with IFA, some settings might have got corrupt and an IFA reflash amy be the quickest option.

I am considering that option Devilfish my only concern is that if i reflash and still

can't ftp i'll be in a bit of a pickle

And no i haven't changed any connections or settings adding a router or anything

I have all channels at the mo so i'm in no desperate need to reflash

Just baffled why i can't connect and would like to resolve it if poss without reflashing

Last edited:
have you checked your firewall setting m8 silly little thing but you could have over looked it.

have you checked your firewall setting m8 silly little thing but you could have over looked it.

Yup checked and it's fine like i said earlier i can ftp the box with the commando 6 image but not the the one with the 7.5 image

Are there any settings on the dbox that will block ftp connetions

I dont have it set up permanently to a router or network just unplug and hoike it

upstairs to my puter when i need to ftp

Last edited:
the only things to check are ip address, port number, and firewall so if you have checked all those sounds like devilfish said do a reflash, cant thing of anything else that would stop it.

The FTP user name and password have changed for Commando...
The default for all images is user: root .. password:dbox2

Commando 7.5 is... user: root password: commando

Try that.

The FTP user name and password have changed for Commando...
The default for all images is user: root .. password:dbox2

Commando 7.5 is... user: root password: commando

Try that.

Tried and failed m8 read above

Reflashed still can't ftp i can only assume it's a hardware problem now

Cheers anyway lads

Take a backup of the box that has commando 6 running, the one that you can ftp to ok. Flash this image to the 'suspect' box and try to connect to it again. Then all your network settings will be the same as the other box and you can rule that out.

All sorted now tried with straight forward reflash again

and altered ip everything tickety boo!

Still none the wiser as to why i was locked out in the first place

Anyhow cheers all for the support

Sometimes the image just locks and you can't do anything with it. Sometimes it lets you ftp into it but says you can't delete the services.xml or bouquets.xml files saying they're read only.

Who knows....IFA reflash and all's well again. :)

Glad you're up and running again!

Back