cannot delete program

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am seem to having a problem uninstalling a program PrevxCSI. i have tried unintsalli from add/remove programs and does not do it. I have tried to manually delete the folde from program files and wont let me do it even though i am administrator. any ideas

There was a programme called unlocker, if I mind right it was in the download section,great bit of kit,
that would solve your problem. will try and get a copy and pm you m8.
cheers

installed unlocker when i left click the option there is no unlocker in the options. are there any commands out there which will let me do it from command prompt.

If you attempt to delete a file or a folder and get an error message, up pops unlocker for you.

I am not getting error message it just says you require permission to delete file. i am admintartor so i click continue and wont let me do it.

I am not getting error message it just says you require permission to delete file. i am admintartor so i click continue and wont let me do it.

Are you doing this from within Windows? If so, Unlocker should kick in at the first sign of an access denied type error message.

From
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
- New feature: Unlocker Assistant. Unlocker Assistant stays in your system tray bar and automatically launches Unlocker if you are trying to delete/rename/move a file that is locked. So for those who use Unlocker Assistant, no need to right click files or folders anymore. This feature can be deactivated during the install.

I had a problem with that 'Prevx' program. It's an anti-malware.
It's a pain in the bum, when you want to uninstall it connects to it's website, but still pops up on start-up.

I just stopped it starting from 'Startup Monitor' which was in the download section, a brilliant little app (don't know if it is still there though.)

You could try a live cd like "linux mint" go into the hdd and delete the files that need to be deleted and you could also download the latest "hirens boot CD" burn it to disk restart pc and then boot up hirens run the virus scanners it has on there and delete any found threats then reboot,
Good luck,
Yotta.

Back