cannot connect to dreambox

sammy1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
cannot connect to dreambox please help

hi there
just recieved my dreambox yesterday so could not wait to get started on flashing new image e.t.c
ive hit a stump straight away. i cannot seem to connect to the box no matter what i do.
i have set my PC ip adress to 192.168.1.99 and the dbox to 192.168.1.100 made sure dhcp is off, all settings are in on the network card as i have been updating my dbox for a long time so i think im sure of what im doing.
when i try and ping the box it just times out. all firewalls are off im using a crossover cable but still nothing.
im beginning to think that the box is faulty
ive tried accessing it through DCC software but it says socket not connected error 110057 or something.
any advice would be helpful as i dont really wanna send it back
cheers

Last edited:
If you can't ping from your pc on 192.168.1.99 to the dream on 192.168.1.100 then you have either a hardware fault on a config error. I would check that the default gateway on both boxes is set to 192.168.1.1

i tried setting the gateway to 192.168.1.1 but this made no difference. still timing out when im trying to ping. any more ideas?
cheers people

i used FlashFXP in the dbox section to ftp the files accross, just alter the port from 80 to 21 in the settings to get it to work, also get your IP from the advanced settings in communication option on your box.

gateway wont make any difference using these addresses. ensure both masks are 255.255.255.0. Also disable your other network cards incl wireless. Disable firewall etc.

On dreambox ensure DHCP iis NOT selected ( even tho you have an ip it wont be used if dhcp is selected.)

Highly unlikely its a hardware issue on the ethernet port m8.

OH - your nic is prob set to 10-half, change this to 100-full..... since you used to do dbox ... in fact its almost defo that.

finally connected to dreambox by changing network card to 100 base full duplex. but now when i FTP into box i cannot see any of the folders on the dreambox in FTP, im using flashfxp by the way.
i tried using flashwizard pro and it says the image im trying to install on the flash memory is too big. what am i doing wrong. man this is so frustrating when i was good at updating the dboxes
please help guys. cheers

Back