Cannot access dbox

prash_2k

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i've flashed boxes without problem before but now i have a box with a sporster image and i cannot connect to it.

I;ve tried ifa and FTP commander but i simply cannot connect to the box.

All ip's and addresses are correct anyone know how to solve this??

Thanks

Hi all i've flashed boxes without problem before but now i have a box with a sporster image and i cannot connect to it.

I;ve tried ifa and FTP commander but i simply cannot connect to the box.

All ip's and addresses are correct anyone know how to solve this??

Thanks

Make sure you PC IP is one less than the box IP. Using remote press dbox > settings > network > start/restart network now.

i've done all that everything on the ip side is correct. and when i plug in FTP cable the computer says connected

Disable your firewalls and try power cycling your box when IFA tells you to connect power. You may have to do this a few times but should eventually kick in.

hi mate firewalls are all off already,
whats power cycling??

Here's my notes on flashing with IFA

IFA version 2.2

Turn off windows firewall
Disable wireless network connection

Rename image file mtd3.img and store it in C:\

set Local Area Connection network IP to 192.168.0.201
( IFA automatically sets dbox IP to 192.168.0.202 )
configure Local Area Connection link speed / duplex mode to 10Mbps / half duplex

open IFA
select image for flashing ( mtd3.img from C:\ )
select network device ( there should only be one available )
switch dbox on
press start
a dialogue box pops up
switch dbox off
click ok
switch box on
flashing should begin
progress is indicated on LCD ( IFA image on TV screen )
Fertig and smiley faces on LCD means success
disconnect network
off then on at the mains

done all that all the ifa keeps on saying is this:

boot/tftp bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting bootp request via broadcast
debug: given up boot/tftp boot
boot net failed

and then gives up... do u guys think the box is bust?

Hi prash_2k,
Make sure your link speed is set to half duplex before you FTP

how do i do that?

Also i've tried another dbox with the same settings and i can FTP that perfectly its just this box i cannot

Go to your Network Connection> Properties >General > Config >

then click on Link speed> then select 10Mbps/Half Duplex

FFS, Clear and concise instructions posted, some of the following posts are unbelievable.......... I'm giving up with this thread.

Uncalled for rodboy m8 and unlike you!

On the box front, assuming that you have tried pinging the box in a cmd window and got no reply, guess the only conclusion, given that you say you have flashed before and done all things correct, then the only conclusion remaining is that the box has a problem of some and most probably with the network interface.

Uncalled for rodboy m8 and unlike you!

Mucho Respecto techquest my good friend.........but I don't think so.

I posted a step by step guide on flashing with IFA, the response was ' tried all that '

Someone suggested 10/half duplex.....that's in the instructions !!!

The guy who said ' tried all that ' in response to my guide then asked how to do this ????????

Someone then suggested trying IFA ??

Hello ????!!!???

This is my last word.

Have you tried a different version of IFA or a different FTP if you use firefox, they have there own ftp fire ftp in add ons i have been using this now for over a year with no problems whatso ever. couple of options there for you good luck.

Mucho Respecto techquest my good friend.........but I don't think so.

I posted a step by step guide on flashing with IFA, the response was ' tried all that '

Someone suggested 10/half duplex.....that's in the instructions !!!

The guy who said ' tried all that ' in response to my guide then asked how to do this ????????

Someone then suggested trying IFA ??

Hello ????!!!???

This is my last word.

Same Respect rodboy but I guess folk either follow our advice or they don't my good friend. Those that don't well that's up to them and those who have difficulty may just need helping that little bit more. As for your advice, spot on m8 but my guess is that its beyond a simple issue and is more to do with a fault in the box of some kind. Mind you its not to say that there are folk that cannot help themselves not matter what we do or say!!!

how do i do that?

Also i've tried another dbox with the same settings and i can FTP that perfectly its just this box i cannot

Double-check the network settings in the problem dbox do exactly match the network settings in the other dbox, in every single input field, m8.

If you find something the tiniest bit different, then correct it, and press Red to Start/Restart Network, then Green to test network.

If you're connecting via a router, then Gateway IP must be your router's IP (192.168.0.1 in my case).

If connecting direct, via a x-over patch Ethernet cable, the Gateway IP is the IP of your PC, which is best set with a fixed IP (Not auto). As Rod says, the PC IP should be one less than the dbox IP, like so:

PC: 192.168.0.2
dbox: 192.168.0.3

Also, make sure DHCP is OFF!

Good luck! AL

OK, I'm back on the case, since after all, this is a help and share information forum. For the record, I've kicked my own arse for my previous mini rant !!!

Anyway, my latest thoughts are your image has gone read only or you have a corrupt flash on the rogue box.

The best way to resurect this is by using IFA. It normally works first time when using both crossover and null modem cables, however if you are using a crossover cable only, IFA may not kick in first time so be patient and keep trying as it will eventually flash. If you get any message on your LCD eg FLASHING or LADE SOFTWARE then you know you are almost there, check the bottom bar of dbox boot manager and when all activity has stopped ( after about 5 minutes ) then disconnect all cables and unplug at the mains. Hopefully it will boot up with a new image.

All the best

Back