Cannot access dbox

Nice one Rodboy, I almost posted as i am having great problems in much the same area, I won't get chance to try again until tomorrow now but was going to say - its a bit like a pop quiz, its easy when you know the answer. I'm sure the original poster isn't trying to be dim, just as I wasn't in my other thread. When you have tried everything and it still doesn't work it just frustrates you to realise you know so little - I really want to know more so that I can help others but in that state it is difficult. I really appreciate the efforts of yourself and others on this site and I can really sympathise with how frustrating it must be trying to help us at times. Thanks again and don't be too hard on yourself with that kicking business.

All the best.

Hi rodboy,

I just tried that today and all i get it a one message on the LCD and it stops. Its definatly a rouge box. I used the exact same settings (both box and pc) and just 2 other boxes and they worked perfectly i then tired this one and guess what same problem :( .
I've now given up and am pakcing it in.

Thank you to everone who has helped many thanks to rodboy and techquest. And believe it or not rodboy i followed all the instructions exactly mate lol.

Anyway thanks again all
P

Dont give up mate !!!!!!!!!!!

Post a bootlog, maybe Fergalsworld or one of the other more expert guys might be able to help if the problem is hardware based.

It's too early to give up just yet !!

To keep your hopes up...............

My mate had a dbox with a corrupt image, he couldn't FTP to the box or access the web interface. He could not manage to flash the box fully using IFA and crossover cable only but was successful when using IFA, crossover cable and nullmodem cable.

It is important also to remember that trying different versions of IFA can result in success. Try the newest version from the hallenberg site or the older version 1.56 which is known to work very well.

If you don't have a null modem cable then buy one, they only cost a few quid. You will also need this if even only for getting a bootlog to post on this forum. Remember you will most probably have to use an older desktop or tower PC as most new laptops don't have the 9 pin serial port required for the null modem cable.

Spot on rodboy m8, I had a box where the xover and null combinaton did the trick. Also I have tried various IFA's and as suprised to find that some versions work whilst others don't. Never got to the bottom of why though!

But as you say it ain't time to give up yet, it's just more of a challenge.

Hello Rodboy,

Your help much appreciated in the forum, and it was me who suggested 10/half duplex thing not realizing
you have given clear instructions..

hope the guy get it sorted

Cheers!!

Hello Rodboy,

Your help much appreciated in the forum, and it was me who suggested 10/half duplex thing not realizing
you have given clear instructions..

hope the guy get it sorted

Cheers!!

No problem m8, the more help the better on this type of forum as we're all here to help one another and share our knowledge and experiences. It just so happens that I'm a grumpy git sometimes.....which is of no real help on a place like this,lol......I'll take the easy option and blame the wife for my demeanour when ranting !!!!!

All the best

just to let you all know it was a faulty box
cheers all
p

Cannot access dbox - good guide

Here's my notes on flashing with IFA

IFA version 2.2

Turn off windows firewall
Disable wireless network connection

Rename image file mtd3.img and store it in C:\

set Local Area Connection network IP to 192.168.0.201
( IFA automatically sets dbox IP to 192.168.0.202 )
configure Local Area Connection link speed / duplex mode to 10Mbps / half duplex

open IFA
select image for flashing ( mtd3.img from C:\ )
select network device ( there should only be one available )
switch dbox on
press start
a dialogue box pops up
switch dbox off
click ok
switch box on
flashing should begin
progress is indicated on LCD ( IFA image on TV screen )
Fertig and smiley faces on LCD means success
disconnect network
off then on at the mains

Thanks Rodboy & other guys. This guide was a great help. I used IFA V3 on winxp sp2 with Nokia Dbox2.
I also used the null modem cable and the x-over cable.

Help mush appreciated

The good thing here is that you helped yourself by having a look around to find the info you needed...............most of the problems encountered by dbox users have been covered before and usually all that it takes to find a fix is to do a little reading and be patient.

Glad you found your fix mate.....well done.

i must have this exact same box...because my new 1 from germany does EXACTLY wot this thread says ......
i flash hundreds of these and i aint no turkey, i have 3 in my front room all set up the EXACT same way and all connect(talk) perfect....apart from this new 1 from germany !!! its goin back !!

do you need a null cable or can i flash ect with ethernet

do you need a null cable or can i flash ect with ethernet
you can flash it using just a ethernet crossover cable from box to pc networ cardusing flashfxp or IFA
the cable you use with your modem for internet will be a straight through one and wont work unless you go through a router.

Back