Cannon eos m

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
He guys I am thinking of getting a cannon eosm in the next couple of weeks. I had my heart set on dslr until I went and visited a electronics shop over here in nz. I'm thinking of getting the twin lense kit at around $998, that s around £500.00 ish. Anybody have any thoughts on this and what are the prices like in the uk these days.

Ps its my 40th thats why such an expense.

ki

UK price for the EOS-M with 18-55mm lens is about £500.

What swayed you the other way? If it was size, have you seen the Canon EOS 100D (aka Rebel SL1) released just last week?

It's promoted as the world's smallest DSLR. For a size comparison, here it is between the new EOS 700D and EOS M.
compared700d_eosm.jpg
Source: Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

Not sure what the NZ$ price will be, but it's available to pre-order in the UK for ~£569 body only.

If it was the touchscreen that you like, the 100D also has this.

I find one of the best place for camera equipment reviews is dpreview.com - their camera and lens reviews are comprehensive.

So finally made my decision or should I say the other half just bought me what I wanted and I got the eos m, I have got to say that I am impressed with it. I'm not a real photographer just someone who wanted a little better than my iphone or minolta that I have. They also had a fantastic deal on down here where the camera and twin lense with flash for £450.00. Only one issues it came faulty with the pancake lense causing an error 60 fault I phoned canon and they told me to take it back to the shop which I did but they where a bit cagey about changing the lense until they speak with canon on monday. But I will get either a new lense or new camera with both lenses. Anyway had some nice shots with the bigger lense and as I'm coming back to the uk next week via singapore then I may be in the market for a much bigger lense if the price is right.

Back