Mobile Phones Cancel orange contract

p3pcy

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi everyone,just a quick question.Today Orange have being sending txt messages say "from 16 aug calls to call forwarding services starting 075890 will no longer form part of your inclusive minutes.they will change to 20p/min."So does that mean i can cancel the contract dues to these changes?here is there policy: Terminating your Contract because Orange has changed its terms

4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:

4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period; or

4.3.2 the variations we have made have been imposed on us as a direct result of new legislation, statutory instrument, government regulation or licence; or

4.3.3 the variation relates solely to an Orange Additional Service, in which case you may cancel that Orange Additional Service in accordance with Condition 15.1.
Many thanks...

sounds like a get out clause to me, maybe ask little pob he seems to be eloquent with the law and reading the complicated wording of terms and conditions (i`m shiit)

but i got out of three contract cuz they changed terms. Just dont take any shiit from them, and be firm.

EDIT : by the way is that you in the avvy?

Last edited:
I would be interested to know if you do mate, as I am on orange, and wouldn't mind getting out of my contract, can have a new one then. lol.

From the T&Cs you've posted you should have the right to cancel if you have used such call forwarding services in the past - note the phrasing of 'to your detriment'.

If you've not used 075890 numbers in the past, then Orange seem to have worded the terms and conditions carefully enough so as not to allow people unaffected by changes demand a contract termination. Though when writing to cancel, do not admit that you haven't used the service.

However, some members have had success with cancelling mobile contracts even when the change hasn't affected them (e.g. when O2 did the same a while back). Citizens Advice and the Money Saving Expert website may have template letters for such things.

For what it's worth, clause 4.3.1 shouldn't apply as 0*RPI would always be 0.

From the T&Cs you've posted you should have the right to cancel if you have used such call forwarding services in the past - note the phrasing of 'to your detriment'.

If you've not used 075890 numbers in the past, then Orange seem to have worded the terms and conditions carefully enough so as not to allow people unaffected by changes demand a contract termination. Though when writing to cancel, do not admit that you haven't used the service.

However, some members have had success with cancelling mobile contracts even when the change hasn't affected them (e.g. when O2 did the same a while back). Citizens Advice and the Money Saving Expert website may have template letters for such things.

For what it's worth, clause 4.3.1 shouldn't apply as 0*RPI would always be 0.

see, i told you so ;)

3 actually came out with the same excuse to me when they stopped inclusive minutes being used to roam abroad, cheeky bastids (and lets face it they are) actually said to me " well have you ever been abroad to use the minutes roaming..............you havent so it doesnt affect you" and i just said " well its up to me when i wish to go abroad, and it was a deciding factor in getting the contract, as i know at some point i would be"

so common sense tells me this is no excuse , but we are dealing with terms and conditions here, so little pob could be right, as i said, if your determined to get out, then be calm, but be firm and dont take any shiit, asked to be passed to who ever until you get what you want.

;)

you still have some time to use the number a little then after the date use it again but more that previous. with
4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period; or

the increase from your bill will get you out of your contract as you have in the past used that service and after that date you used that service so the increase is more than 0

Good news guys,i just cancelled my contract due to the changes.It wasnt easy cos there were giving me there normal bullshit you cant do that.I suggest you call this number 07589001226 for couple of days so it registers on your account then go for it...GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DAYS....

Hi, just wondering what the number is or does, I know you said its something to do with call forwarding, but if I ring this do I have to enter another number for call to be transfered to?

Just curious as I have a contract with orange that is unused and I have been waiting for something like this.

Also I have not had notification of any changes, does this make a difference?

Thanks.

Good news guys,i just cancelled my contract due to the changes.It wasnt easy cos there were giving me there normal bullshit you cant do that.I suggest you call this number 07589001226 for couple of days so it registers on your account then go for it...GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DAYS....

good stuff ;)

i also believe you get to keep your phone also, They try to say send it back sometimes

Hey,

Im not having any joy cancelling my contract just keep gettin fobbed off or cut off, last time i had someone say they will call me back tomorrow. doubt that will happen.

Hey,

Im not having any joy cancelling my contract just keep gettin fobbed off or cut off, last time i had someone say they will call me back tomorrow. doubt that will happen.
If you are not getting anywhere on the phone, do it in writing via recorded delivery.

They will only cancel your contract in this instance if you have used a forwarding service unless you say it was a reason for selecting that contract plan. If in doubt CAB.

OK thanks for that, lets just wait and see if I get a call back and if not the letter it is. Thanks again.

this company behind the 07589 number Fab Fone i been told by a friend that he should have some number next week. that allows calls abroad i just have to wait and see. hes never let me down in the past i had good 6months off bashing calls abroad

Last edited:
Back