Can you playback video on a dreambox?

jazz_qwerty

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know you can capture video from the dreambox and record it - Now I want to get a network drive - Can I then playback what I recorded to the Dreambox?

Also is there any web applications that would allow me to record video remotely too?

tia...

jazz_qwerty said:
I know you can capture video from the dreambox and record it - Now I want to get a network drive - Can I then playback what I recorded to the Dreambox?

Also is there any web applications that would allow me to record video remotely too?

tia...

M8 it's early days for most of us with these Dreamboxes but what you want to do is quite possible and it's pretty much available 'out of the box' so to speak. I have not tried it myself yet but the box can be setup to talk to a streaming server (a standalone PC on your network) and with the right software (freely available see my post re VLC) you'll be able to do it.

The db already includes a feature (although experimental called ngab recording) which is basically recording to a network, you can also play TS files and DVD/SVCD remotely as well...

This is something we'll progress to so jump on for the ride...:banana:

Back