Can You Help Me Decide

johnhobo

Inactive User
Reaction score
just bought a dbox 2 and need a bit of advice dont really know much about it and have read most of the posts on this site so here goes. i am not that teccnically minded so any answers recieved will have to be idiot proof.

i have ntl broadband coming to computer to upstairs sparebedroom. i also have ntl cable t.v to downstairs front room from 2 different points. what would be my best way to set it up would prefer to watch dbox upstairs in another bedroom. and keep existing cable t.v for her indoors downstairs.so it leaves me to watch my programmes upstairs never been a soap fan and thay are on for 4hrs every day. is it possible and will i have any problems. if i get things up and running is it possible then to connect a stand alone dvd recorder to said dbox2 to record programmes.thanks for any advice i get in advance.

cheers:Cheers:

johnhobo said:
just bought a dbox 2 and need a bit of advice dont really know much about it and have read most of the posts on this site so here goes. i am not that teccnically minded so any answers recieved will have to be idiot proof.
i have ntl broadband coming to computer to upstairs sparebedroom. i also have ntl cable t.v to downstairs front room from 2 different points. what would be my best way to set it up would prefer to watch dbox upstairs in another bedroom. and keep existing cable t.v for her indoors downstairs.so it leaves me to watch my programmes upstairs never been a soap fan and thay are on for 4hrs every day. is it possible and will i have any problems. if i get things up and running is it possible then to connect a stand alone dvd recorder to said dbox2 to record programmes.thanks for any advice i get in advance.
cheers:Cheers:

yes it is possible, yes you can i do with np at all

buy a splitter from maplins 2-way-splitter cost £4 i think, and some coax cable, that will do the trick!
dbox is just like ur old box you can plug in what ever you like to record, it has 2 scarts.

Back